How does Magazine work?

ecpgieicg

How does Magazine work?

Post by ecpgieicg »

The tooltip for Magazine utility ship module says the increase in ammo count is displayed with individual weapon modules. But I don't see any changes with Magazine installed.

How does Magazine work?

It says weapons with "ammo count". That means weapons with inherent "magazine" right?
Meow67

Re: How does Magazine work?

Post by Meow67 »

It adds more ammo on a ship for projectile weapons and a missiles (not entirely sure about missiles tho).
Barleyman

Post by Barleyman »

Logically the magazine would kick in after combat but no idea if it's implemented like that.
ecpgieicg

Post by ecpgieicg »

Logically the magazine would kick in after combat but no idea if it's implemented like that.
Of course.

Now I would check the skirmish mode on my designs with magazine to see if I get more missiles, but..... I am keeping the game save loaded for as long as I am playing to avoid having to toggle power on "power on before others" hab modules.
ecpgieicg

Post by ecpgieicg »

Meow67 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:01 pm It adds more ammo on a ship for projectile weapons and a missiles (not entirely sure about missiles tho).
Did you get this from in combat tooltip or it's a guess?
Barleyman

Post by Barleyman »

ecpgieicg wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 pm
Of course.

Now I would check the skirmish mode on my designs with magazine to see if I get more missiles, but..... I am keeping the game save loaded for as long as I am playing to avoid having to toggle power on "power on before others" hab modules.
I had some time to sit down and test this, with skirmish, yes. How it works right now is that a single mag doubles all missile and torpedo counts on your ship, regardless of how many mounts you have. Two magazines triples it. So, it's pretty powerful for miss-ile boats.
ecpgieicg

Post by ecpgieicg »

Barleyman wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:43 am I had some time to sit down and test this, with skirmish, yes. How it works right now is that a single mag doubles all missile and torpedo counts on your ship, regardless of how many mounts you have. Two magazines triples it. So, it's pretty powerful for miss-ile boats.
That's good to know.

Thanks!!