Upgrade and Research Suggestions

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Nentrinax

Upgrade and Research Suggestions

Post by Nentrinax »

First, I have to say I do like the quality of life improvements in 0.3.49, especially the fleet screen drop-down filters.

However, I think there are a few other UI dialogs that can be improved.

The Ship Construction - Refit Ship currently shows ALL ships docked at ANY station in a single list.
I would first suggest auto-filtering this list not to show any ships that do not have a valid upgrade class (there are no upgrades defined/available). This way you aren't scrolling through ships you have already upgraded.
Secondly, a way to select (or at least group more visibily) them by either station or fleet so you aren't trying to scroll through trying to find the ones you sent to the spacedock that had an empty construction queue.

Research Upgrades - In particular, the Social Studies ones that are first-to-complete.
It would be nice if the Full Tech Tree showed some indicator (color, or perhaps crossing it out) if it was completed by another faction and thus ineligible.
This could be expanded to show if a later one is pre-requisite blocked because of this.
(I actually haven't been able to find an answer if another faction completing the prereq forever blocks you from unlocking the next tech. I have had some that I have not been able to get to appear, despite multiple passes of Future Tech - Social, so I suspect it is.).

Thank you for your time.