Alien bombard needs nerfing

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Sepph

Alien bombard needs nerfing

Post by Sepph »

Experiencing some really annoying alien bombard runs.

After going all-in on war, the aliens started spamming low-threat corvettes, maybe ~150 combat power (though I've seen some go < 100). They're sending them to every planet / asteroid in the solar system, and focusing solely on bases, ignoring stations and fleets docked there. Regardless of how high the base defense is, the chance they destroy something is extremely high and seems to not be a factor of how high the base defenses are.

For Alien Corvette (regardless of power, but usually ~150) vs. Colony with 3 Battlestations (~7k defense) I notice:
~ 20% of the time, alien ship gets destroyed before anything.
~ 60% of the time, alien ship destroys something (including a battlestation) and then gets destroyed.
~ 20% of the time, alien ship destroys something (again, including battlestations) and then disengages and escapes after having taken damage.

These ratios don't seem normal, or are they expected?
dllewell

Re: Alien bombard needs nerfing

Post by dllewell »

I agree with this.

I can stop most of this by sending two fleets in a pincer manuever and destroying the attacking ship. It's a foregone conclusion that my fleet will destroy this low level attacking ship but doing this sometimes 2 or 3 times in a single cycle becomes tedious and boring.

For asteroid bases, where I don't have a fleet stationed, I find the same results as reported by Sepph. Certainly not game-breaking but annoying and tedious.