A small request from an ordinary Ukrainian

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Whisky

A small request from an ordinary Ukrainian

Post by Whisky »

Hello, dear developers.
Thank you so much for such a great game. I have a small request for you.
The game starts from the present days, and, as you correctly displayed in your game, Ukraine fights for its independence against russian invasion forces. And fights relatively well, it's been almost 8 months since February 24th, but the russians captured less than 30% of the country (including Crimea, DPR and LPR).
Today, more than 35% of the annual Ukraine budget is allocated for the country's military needs. Our army is not as numerous as the Russian one, but it gives a worthy rebuff. But also about the numbers: as of May 2022, after the announcement of the general mobilization, according to official figures, the strength of the Ukrainian army was 700,000 soldiers. For today, the number of soldiers in the armed forces of Ukraine is more than 1 million people.
And what was my surprise, when, having entered the game and looked at information about Ukraine, I not only did not find at least one army, but was also surprised that the progress on the creation of the army is at the level of 3 out of 60.
And based on what I wrote, I have a small (for you) and a huge (for me) request: guys, I beg you - add at least one army to Ukraine at the start of the game, because, in my humble opinion, this country deserves this army.
Thank you for your attention. With best wishes, your ukrainian fan :)
(sorry for possible mistakes, googletranslate ;))
Last edited by Whisky on Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KinSeth2

Re: A small request from an ordinary Ukrainian

Post by KinSeth2 »

I'll do my best to avoid actual personal political views in the main body of this. I'm not sure what the devs actually judge their numbers and "Armies" for the start of the game off of, but I feel like this is a pretty solid suggestion. In just about all my playthroughs Ukraine loses after a few months to a year in taking the entirety of Ukraine. It's a game here, so it's just kind of an inconsistency, but I don't think this is a realistic outcome. I suspect, considering the way the game appears to operate, that giving Ukraine an army, would lead to Russia nuking the Hell out of them about the second they are going to lose one of their armies, but in regard to what the guy above is saying, I do think it would be a better representation of the situation going on at the date of Sept 30 if nothing else.

As a side note, now that I have stated what I feel from a purely game point of view, I just want to say one more thing.

Stay Safe. Stay Strong. Слава Україні!
Whisky

Re: A small request from an ordinary Ukrainian

Post by Whisky »

KinSeth2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:45 am I'll do my best to avoid actual personal political views in the main body of this. I'm not sure what the devs actually judge their numbers and "Armies" for the start of the game off of, but I feel like this is a pretty solid suggestion. In just about all my playthroughs Ukraine loses after a few months to a year in taking the entirety of Ukraine. It's a game here, so it's just kind of an inconsistency, but I don't think this is a realistic outcome. I suspect, considering the way the game appears to operate, that giving Ukraine an army, would lead to Russia nuking the Hell out of them about the second they are going to lose one of their armies, but in regard to what the guy above is saying, I do think it would be a better representation of the situation going on at the date of Sept 30 if nothing else.

As a side note, now that I have stated what I feel from a purely game point of view, I just want to say one more thing.

Stay Safe. Stay Strong. Слава Україні!
Many thanks for your opinion about my request and even more thanks for your political support!