Suggestion: Move Capital Features for Some Countries

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
bighungryjames

Suggestion: Move Capital Features for Some Countries

Post by bighungryjames »

Hello, I am pleased by this game very much recently, and I came up with tiny suggestions that might enhance roleplay aspect of this marvelous piece of art. Although I do understand that keeping it simple for the matters of Earth politics was a crucial design choice, I believe that some of the countries require mechanisms to move their capitals if circumstances shift, such as a rise of a new nation from union between federation members.

Here's the list of suggestions:

1. Republic of China (liberating mainland China)'s capital is Taipei; It should instead move to Nanjing.
2. European Union (the merged country)'s capital is Paris; If it merges the Benelux (and possibly also Germany), it should move to Brussels instead.
3. People's Republic of Korea (united by North Korea)'s capital is Pyongyang; It should be Seoul instead (as North Koreans did actually designated Seoul as their "lost capital" in their earlier constitutions).
4. The Caliphate's capital is Riyadh; It should be Mecca instead.

I hope that some ways of changing capitals get adopted in future. Feel free to provide any feedbacks!