Support forum? Crash on Game Creation

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Slinkinator

Support forum? Crash on Game Creation

Post by Slinkinator »

Hey, couldn't find the right place to post, throwing it here, apologies in advance.

Game Starts fine, settings set to low, start a game with default presets, on the loading screen an new window labeled 'unity something something' pops up, fills some of it's loading bar, then everything disappears.
Set textures to 'lowest', game seemed to get further through loading before crashing.

System

Fedora
Thinkpad X230
16 gb ram
i7-3520m x 4
mesa intel hd graphics 4000 (IVB GT2)
got about 10 spare gigs on the HD Terra Invicta is on.

I realize that without a graphics card and running fedora, there isn't going to be much support, and I'll probably have to wait to go through TI until I buy a damn graphics card, but I thought it was worth throwing this out there, it would be great if I could start playing sooner.

Does anyone know where the error logs are at? I'm curious to see why it's crashing.
Also, I just let fedora take care of it's drivers through the DNF system, and when I want to make sure I get whatever the repositories have i run 'sudo dnf upgrade --refresh,' but if someone has a graphics driver fix for me I'll listen.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Support forum? Crash on Game Creation

Post by johnnylump »

Right now best thing to do is send to support@pavonisinteractive.com

Please provide your current build version, like 0.3.20. It is visible in your start screen.

Please provide a zipped savegame if available. Saves are located in
\Documents\My Games\TerraInvicta\Saves

Also please provide the files Player.log and Player-prev.log from this directory: \Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Pavonis Interactive\TerraInvicta.

This may require un-hiding your AppData folder in Windows.