(Bug?) Project Exodus wants the tech: Publicize Alien Threat

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
somenewuser

(Bug?) Project Exodus wants the tech: Publicize Alien Threat

Post by somenewuser »

https://imgur.com/gallery/zGbByy9
Exactly as the the title states, Project Exodus just came and offered a trade deal, which includes the technology Publicize Alien Threat. It seems to me that the AI valuing this tech and the fact that it is tradeable are things that shouldn't be happening, given what the technology does: Increase global opinion of The Resistance when researched.
blarglol

Re: (Bug?) Project Exodus wants the tech: Publicize Alien Threat

Post by blarglol »

somenewuser wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:12 pm https://imgur.com/gallery/zGbByy9
Exactly as the the title states, Project Exodus just came and offered a trade deal, which includes the technology Publicize Alien Threat. It seems to me that the AI valuing this tech and the fact that it is tradeable are things that shouldn't be happening, given what the technology does: Increase global opinion of The Resistance when researched.
Very strange...but my guess is Exodus wants to publicize the threat too, and the have their own research that benefits them...just trading it to you works only for you. Basically...my gut would be that you can both research it for yourselves, or trade, but it only helps each respective cause when applied. After all, people wouldn't want to flee Earth if they thought it was safe..
somenewuser

Re: (Bug?) Project Exodus wants the tech: Publicize Alien Threat

Post by somenewuser »

It's definitely possible that the tech has alternate versions which affect other factions - I haven't done the other ones yet. But if that's the case the tooltip should indicate that this is what it does.

In general, I'm actually in favour of this tech being able to be traded and having the effect that I described, but that should be equivalent to getting another organization to help you out and therefore should be weighted negatively in the absolute case - but if they really want Servants influence out of their territory maybe it would take that into account.