Alien Ship Evading Combat

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
XROM

Alien Ship Evading Combat

Post by XROM »

It happened around Earth in 2028. After my first successfull destraction of alien ship the second one became unavalable to intercept. My fleets are just passing thought alien ship without starting a combat . I don't now it's a bug or not by after a few month the game crashed. Does anyone experienced something similar ?
spacedoggo
Terra Invicta Beta Tester

Re: Alien Ship Evading Combat

Post by spacedoggo »

I had something similar happen, the second alien destroyer I tried to intercept stayed just out of reach of of my pursuing ship. No matter what I did it was always 6hrs to intercept. I tried intercepting from other stations and upgrading the ships acceleration a bit by reducing fuel/armor. Nothing works. Don't know if it's a bug. If this is a deliberate response by the aliens it makes sense, but a pop up message letting us know would clear up the confusion.
Velorian

Re: Alien Ship Evading Combat

Post by Velorian »

Well, they are much, much faster than you so they can avoid interception easily. I don't think it's a bug.

It makes sense that they underestimate the Terran primitives once, but after that they'd logically attempt to dodge if they see you have enough firepower to hurt them.

I agree a UI message explaining that the ship accelerates around you would prevent confusion.