Faction differences aside from goals

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Velorian

Faction differences aside from goals

Post by Velorian »

I love the demo, aside from being a tad annoyed I can't save as that means reaching the 7 years promised isn't all that doable.

I had a question though. I'm wondering if any of the factions differ in basic capabilities aside from their goals?

Like, do they all start with 85 control points? Seems some factions claim more locations than others, I was wondering if that's due to their preferences/objectives or if some of them are working with different capabilities than the resistance.
Beanstalk

Re: Faction differences aside from goals

Post by Beanstalk »

It would be cool if they were a bit more differentiated, by unique techs for example. At least faction bonuses ("+x% influence income", "+x% sociology research", etc.) should be painless to implement.
Velorian

Re: Faction differences aside from goals

Post by Velorian »

So I managed to get a 6.5 year game going in the demo by hibernating my computer multiple times. Impressive that it didn't crash. :D

I loved it, a shame I'll have to wait now. Incidentally, does anyone know if we are looking at a short delay of a few weeks, or if it'll be autumn/winter release we are headed for? ;)

Anyhow, I have a question about the faction victories, whether another faction winning means you lose or not. Like, I assume Project Exodus has the goal of creating some sort of colony ship and sending it off into the unknown. Assuming they did that, would that mean I lose if I'm the Resistance?

I hope not, because those goals don't conflict in any way. If the game wants to tell me that Project Exodus were the formal winner and I get to continue and eventually win as well, that's fine, but if the game ends with a game over screen that would be pretty unfortunate.