Some negative feedback

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
Bobit

Some negative feedback

Post by Bobit »

The game seems promising and I'm happy to have the demo which taught me stuff about it I didn't know before. It really leans hard on the victory conditions which I haven't seen yet. There's a general fear that stats like balance/inequality will be irrelevant and the game will just be The Last Federation, but I think it's doing an okay job so far. I didn't get very far because no saves and it's kind of slow. All I have for now is negative feedback so take it or leave it:

- Missions that aren't "control" are too situational. I don't like wasting my councillor's moves most of the time. There is an idea in 8 player board games that hurting an opponent is 1/7th as powerful as helping yourself (unless you know they are going to win). Plus you don't want to anger other factions and we don't know their objective. Yet these missions that harm other factions are often harder than control. As a result you very rarely want to do them. Early game is just persuasion stacking until there's nothing left to control.

- Nukes are broken. Basically mean you can't declare war on the country or its allies. And alien factions have little reason not to spam them, except that they are AI and we don't know their victory condition in the demo. And it's a UI problem that to fire 25 nukes you need to click about 125 times. In general the UI could optionally use less confirmations.

- Reprioritizing should be an action, it is micro heavy. Seeing diplomatic options should not be an action, it is not micro heavy.

- I was confused how to make a HAB/spaceship

- 24 turns per year seems too many for what little we are doing