Editing alloy plating tactical description.

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
silberbau

Editing alloy plating tactical description.

Post by silberbau »

Hi.

Just recently got back into playing LW. With so many excellent mods available and my own edits, it's pretty much an entirely new, yet much loved game for me.

Anyone know which file I need to edit to alter the tactical description of alloy plating? I can't seem to find it in the XComStrategyGame.int or XComGame.int so was wondering if it is maybe hardcoded somewhere?

Thanks.
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Editing alloy plating tactical description.

Post by szmind »

It is in XComStrategyGame.int. You probably missed it searching for "alloy plating", search for "plating" rather and here you go:
ItemTypeSummary[189]="Alloy Carbide Plating confers extra survivability for our mechanized units."
silberbau

Post by silberbau »

What I was after was the alloy plating that troops use. The tactical info is "Confers 2 extra health" and "Weight 1". I just cannot find this anywhere in either int's so that lead me to believe it had to be hardcoded or maybe described in another file that I am unaware of. I've simply added some DR to the plate and given it the hardened ability.

Thanks.
THORKE

Post by THORKE »

silberbau wrote:Hi.

Just recently got back into playing LW. With so many excellent mods available and my own edits, it's pretty much an entirely new, yet much loved game for me.

Anyone know which file I need to edit to alter the tactical description of alloy plating? I can't seem to find it in the XComStrategyGame.int or XComGame.int so was wondering if it is maybe hardcoded somewhere?

Thanks.
Hello, first of all forgive me for the English, I am Spanish and use the translator.

If you mean this: Image
is in XComGame.int search it as: eItem_ChitinPlating
Sorry for my English, I use the Google translator. I am Spanish.
silberbau

Post by silberbau »

No, ese no es el artículo. Gracias por intentarlo ayudar. He utilizado un traductor aquí también.
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Post by szmind »

Simply Ctrl-F a piece of text from description which you can see in-game in XComGame.int and XComStrategyGame.int. THERE ARE NO HARDCODED DESCRIPTIONS. All localizable descriptions are in above files. There is no "Confers 2" so you must have written it from memory :D Oh, if you are playing a localized version (Spanish?) search in your localization folder, not in INT. Like in ESN.
THORKE

Post by THORKE »

silberbau wrote:No, ese no es el artículo. Gracias por intentarlo ayudar. He utilizado un traductor aquí también.
Hello, so as not to go around and around ... try to put an image
silberbau

Post by silberbau »

Alloy plating.

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Equ ... ctive_gear

"Confers 2 extra health" and "Weight 1". It's no where in the relevant int's. Strange.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I believe it's this:

m_aItemTacticalText[eItem_ReinforcedArmor]="<Bullet/> Confers <XGAbility:NanoFiberHealth/> extra health\n<Bullet/> Weight: 1"

It's line 5361 in XComGame.int.

It's reading in the bonus value from the game config, so searching for the "2" won't work.

In XComGame.esn, it's line 5987.
THORKE

Post by THORKE »

hello, what they have done has been redesigning it in long war. looking for the comparison .. is the "chalecho de nanofibra" in Spanish
and it came out just this: Image

therefore, what you are looking for is called [eItem_ReinforcedArmor] esta en \INT\XComGame.int

look:
[eItem_ReinforcedArmor]="<Bullet/> Confers <XGAbility:NanoFiberHealth/> extra health\n<Bullet/> Weight: 1"

XGAbility allows you to edit the DGC.ini without having to edit text ... that's why you did not find it.

esspero que sea eso ;D
silberbau

Post by silberbau »

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Thanks JL and THORKE.