The Evergame, UFO #1,000

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
1Warmonger

The Evergame, UFO #1,000

Post by 1Warmonger »

Yep,

Finally made it to the 1000th UFO. 76 Colonels, 30 Firestorms, uncounted hrs playing, never bored. EXCELLENT game, needless to say, my all time favorite. Thank you for all the good work!
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 13845 times
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: The Evergame, UFO #1,000

Post by johnnylump »

Well done.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

I've never seen such a cool guy who has spent A LOT of time in this game! Congrats, bro! Which difficulty and SW options? I am pretty sure you've reached your thousands of hours in-game on Steam after this playthrough!
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
1Warmonger

Post by 1Warmonger »

Couple more tidbits

- Took it to UFO 1,300
- Finally ended the game (couldn't bring myself to do the Battleship map again); 568 battles, 14,687 aliens killed, about 60 KIA.

In the very late game, aliens have very high inherent defense, a Sectoid in the open is a 70-ish shot. Most of the killing is done from elevation at long range, or, very close up with a shotgun.

Most dominating class: Rocketeers, in fact, highest kill count went to a "skysweeper" Rocketeer with 662 in 120 missions.

Best "killer" classes, airborne gunners (shred, not heat), snipers (mobile ones, with lock'n load), shotgun ITZ scouts, Pathfinder & Jaeger mechs (mobility suits).

Infantry & assaults become more and more marginal, although "tank" assaults are viable right up to the final mission (and also my favorite class).

My "Best" soldier was a support engineer with 188 missions, 333 kills.

You guys need to reconsider toing something for XCOM: WoTC….. so many possibilities!