Frustration with public campaigns

jtk_1975

Frustration with public campaigns

Post by jtk_1975 »

Hey all ... working through a resistance playthrough on brutal. Going very well, but running into a stall around India in the early 2030s.

I've got a squad of 6 councillors, all with 25 in their key stat. 2 have 25 persuasion, and a couple of others high teens. HF controls India, which I'm trying to take over. I have Bangladesh and Pakistan for the adjacency bonus.

I can raise my support to 65% or so, but at the end of every turn there's a whopping shift in public opinion back to HF (like my support drops to 35% or 40% at the very end of the turn). If I raise it back up, the same thing happens. Nobody but HF has any support in India, and I've killed off all the HF councillors with persuasion above 10, so it simply shouldn't be possible for them to get this massive buff.

Is this a bug?

Thanks
Jim

PS presume I have to post a save file - do I drop a compressed one or uncompressed, or doesn't it matter?
jtk_1975

Re: Frustration with public campaigns

Post by jtk_1975 »

Edit - sent in an email to the support address with the log and zip files referenced in the pinned post. Curious if anyone on the forum knows the answer.

Jim
fsrt_42

Post by fsrt_42 »

Unity priority shift public opinion toward the controller(s) of the control points of the nation. This is especially true in India, because it has a control point called "Religion" which increase the effect of Unity priority.

If HF spend enough in Unity (which AI usually did) it can make India turn red every turn. You should target the "Religion" CP to offset this.

(sorry for the English, not my native language)
jtk_1975

Post by jtk_1975 »

Awesome - that did it, thanks!