[Scenario] The Seven Faction Problem

spoop

[Scenario] The Seven Faction Problem

Post by spoop »

In the dark expanse of space, a shadow war unfolded. Humanity had expanded its reach, venturing into the cosmos to colonize the solar system and extract valuable resources. As nations established mining operations on Mars and the asteroid belt, they unwittingly became entangled in a shadow war.

Unbeknownst to the six secretive factions embroiled in this conflict, a new force emerged from the shadows led by Colonel Hanse Castillo. Having spent most of his efforts to get the corrupt governments of South America to work together, this group now had a powerbase of nations that also desired their spot in space.

Within the depths of space, as humanity's expansion continued, the shadow war intensified when rumors spread that some astronomers found alien installations at the edge of the Kuiper Belt. This discovery led to the abolishment of "The Outer Space Treaty" of 1967 as all factions raced to acquire ships. Skirmishes erupted in Earth orbit and in the heart of the asteroid belt as factions fought for control over vital resources and strategic positions. The fate of Earth and the solar system hung in the balance over which faction gained control of the new Space race.

This is the start of a tale known as “The Seven Faction Problem”.
A tale not of Aliens, but of human factions fighting each other.

Welcome to "The Seven Faction Problem," a scenario focused on the conflicts between human factions in space. To enhance gameplay, the other human factions have been significantly strengthened, and a functional space economy has been established at the beginning of the game.

Additionally, each faction utilizes custom ship designs that revolve around a specific "theme." This approach not only adds a great deal of diversity but also provides unique strategic opportunities when engaging with different factions in combat.
This leads to epic battles like this and ofthen over 1000 human Ships in the solar system.

The primary objective of this scenario is not to defeat the aliens
but rather to exploit the ongoing war between the human factions in order to increase your own power by stealing and capturing their assets. Earth is divided into regions controlled by different factions.

The region dominated by Colonel Hanse Castillo faces a significant development gap compared to other regions in the world. While other regions are rapidly advancing to support the new space race, South America lacks a space program at the start of the game and has a substantial amount of catching up to do.

Will you gain control of the new space race, or will South America fade away into irrelevance?

The make the Scenario accessible for players with different skill levels, it's available in 3 difficulties:

Brutal:
On Brutal difficulty with no bonuses for the player
(alien shipbuilding disabled thill 2030)
Brutal The seven factions problem.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 358 times

Normal:
On Normal difficulty with slight bonuses to help you get started
(alien shipbuilding disabled thill 2035)
Normal The seven factions problem.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 423 times

Easy:
On Cinematic difficulty with significant bonuses to help you get started
(alien shipbuilding disabled thill 2045)
Easy The seven factions problem.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 373 times

To play the scenario, you need to unzip it and place the save file in the following folder.

\Documents\My Games\TerraInvicta\Saves

After that, you need to disable "use compressed save files" in the settings (start Terra Invicta and go to settings).

picture of settings in the main Menu

Then you can go to "load game" and you should see a save file of the Scenario.

Version 0.3.1 or higher is recommended.
Last edited by spoop on Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
spoop

Re: [Scenario] The Seven Faction Problem

Post by spoop »

I can confirm this scenario works on 0.3.88

And the new "display tails" feature is awsome
small.png
small.png (144.35 KiB) Viewed 14560 times
spoop

Post by spoop »

I can confirm this scenario works on 0.3.96
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

I'm looking forward to giving this a try.
Great looking mod - much effort gone into this.
spoop

Post by spoop »

I can confirm this scenario works on 0.3.99 and i recomend using 0.3.99 if possible to play the scenario
spoop

Post by spoop »

I can confirm this scenario works on 0.3.107
spoop

Post by spoop »

I can confirm this scenario works on 0.3.109
spoop

Post by spoop »

"I can confirm that this scenario works together with the AIUnboundDeluxe Mod."