Loving the changes

DarthVicious

Loving the changes

Post by DarthVicious »

Took a few months break from the game to try out other things.

Man the game has changed a lot. Loving the changes. Started a resistance campaign a week ago and I am sucking at it.

😂😂😂

Specifically love the army movement changes, the balancing of resource costs, and the alien combat AI seems to be somewhat better at maintaining range rather than suiciding into your wall of battle.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
PAwleus

Re: Loving the changes

Post by PAwleus »

On my part, I specifically love group orders during combat and such long awaited changes as recent:

First Pass Formation Update
- You may now set your fleet's formation in the combat layer at combat start, so you can see where various ships will go.
- Added Formation Controls for placing in front or behind friendly hab
- Added initial velocity Controls to Formation

Great work! There is still a lot to do, though, eg. group formations :)
delor

Post by delor »

What a nice thread to have! I jumped from something like 0.69 to 0.81 and I really appreciate:

1) A whole heap of the advisor UI enhancements.
2) Ordering ship movement as a group.
3) Space combat not centering around tediously splitting and re-joining your fleets to take advantage of the lockdown between fleeing an engagement and being able to flee another one.

The pacing of expansion into space also felt subtly better paced, too, which I'll attribute to nebulous economy and pricing tweaks I don't play the game enough to put a finger on although it could just be that I upped the difficulty this time around.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

Yeah it kind of feels that teching up is more progressive, and its easy to dig yourself into a hole or trap where you have over invested in either ship building or teching up.

This makes the whole campaign a lot more progressive. But eventually you still reach a point where victory is assured and its just a long slog to the final victory screen. Which is still engaging, but lacks the threat of a 'final confrontion'.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

Some really good stuff in 0.3.89

Thank you.

loving the new refit screen. Long awaited. And much needed changes. Cant tell you how much it irritated me wading through every docked ship looking for ones that could be refit.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

I totally love the new counsellor traits I see coming through. The bonuses to tech linked to traits is a brilliant idea.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

In the main, the latest updates have really made things better overall.
My one gripe really is that The Moon has been badly nerfed so much so that it's basically not worthwhile even bothering with it any more, which is a shame really. Sure you could do something else other than mining - but not until much later as it's not worth the MC spend for the limited - if not downright miserly - returns on investment. These days, I wait & go straight for Mars
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I don't recall nerfing the moon recently, so it's possible you're just having a run of bad RNG. Hab site variation is one of the ways we try to vary playthroughs.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

johnnylump wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:05 pm I don't recall nerfing the moon recently, so it's possible you're just having a run of bad RNG. Hab site variation is one of the ways we try to vary playthroughs.
My last 5 attempts have all been pretty much the same, with The Moon being a waste of effort, resources & MC.
I freely admit I am not very good at the game as yet, but yields are out of my control.
The Moon should be a stepping stone, not a Millstone.