Need help regarding a template error

EdgeTheWolf

Need help regarding a template error

Post by EdgeTheWolf »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I could use some help in solving a problem regarding a crash and error I'm receiving

I have been modding the game and am receiving the following line in the log after the game crashes when an event triggers

"[ERROR] Bad effectTemplateName Effect_SpaceResearchBoost05 in NarrativeEventOption"

I don't have experience with programming so I can't find what the issue might be, cheers for any suggestions and assistance.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Need help regarding a template error

Post by johnnylump »

It means that one narrative event in TINarrativeEventTemplate is looking for a TIEffectTemplate with the dataName Effect_SpaceResearchBoost05, but it isn't finding one. That's an effect we added fairly recently so it's hard to say why you can't find it.
EdgeTheWolf

Re: Need help regarding a template error

Post by EdgeTheWolf »

No need to worry, it's all on my end since I'm messing around with an outdated mod which involves manually overwriting files (including TIEffectTemplate), I've been working on making it more functional on the recent Validation branch. Thanks for your help, this has put me a step closer to making my own mods for the game!