Interesting AI behavior and hate management problem

frostyplanet

Interesting AI behavior and hate management problem

Post by frostyplanet »

I'm playing 0.3.49 as Resistence . some AI behavior I found interesting:

1. Servant seems to rotating councilor frequently. When I have spy on them, I just found them changed too often. Their concilor are low level. I don't even need to do the triming. The time they fired existing councilor seems to be deterministic.

2. Peace loving Adcademy always bombard my army after I invade their CP at Himalaya States. No matter I improve their relationship to Tolerant. They only stop after I make some ship and fly there to force "a neither side wants battle".
But taking the CP from Exodus and Initiative do not have the same effect.

3. The way alien choose target to retaliate. which also seems to deterministic and lack of ramdom factor (they always run the same target on time after save/load ).
They always go for high value target but ignore the defence of the target. (perhaps due to mis-calculation )
I build some high obit T1 station as bail and leave some low productive mines to be undefended, in order they can vent hate. But this tactics seams not working after the year they try to land on earth. My alien hate level is always above the cap (and I start to ignore it).

My low earth orbit station are at T3 with 2-3 battle station. Most Mines are at T2 with 2 layered defence.
I constantly see their fleet get destroyed when bombarding mines that when 2 layered defence. (regretablely exotics not savagable).
Their run on my space station let me cumulate 70 exotics (I don't even actively engage after finish the Savage Alien Ship mission )
T1 station and mines are un-touched.

Because the noble metal needed for battle stations are consumed like crazy. I have to shut most of them down (only leave one operational for each station). I power them back on when the space battle prompt. Perhaps this allow the battle to preceed. ( If no defence powered before battle the prompt will not show. If fire power too high before battle they will not choose to engage)

I can't say this is bug, but fun behavior to exploit.