Faction Operatives somehow became invisible?

DemonseedElite

Faction Operatives somehow became invisible?

Post by DemonseedElite »

So, I'm in a game as the Resistance with the Servants, Institute, Academy and Project Exodus. I have a weird issue (I think?) where I NEVER see ANY operatives from Project Exodus anymore. I USED to see their operatives as much as I see any other, but now, I don't ever see them. They're effectively invisible.

They're supposedly still around since they keep occasionally Public Campaigning my big nations and they have nations in their control, and I've seen them flip control points, but I've investigated dozens of unknown operatives and have laid traps with multiple rank 25 investigation operatives on overwatch (I assume Investigation helps detect operatives in this manner) in the "capital" region of my nations for weeks at a time, but just can't "detect" anyone from Project Exodus.

It's been years since I've "detected" any of Project Exodus's operatives. I always see the Servants flitting about... I see the occasional Academy or Institute one running around, and I've even found some Xenos... but I'm pretty sure this is some bug where somehow, all their operatives are permanently beyond all detection.

Anyone else encounter this?
rookie.one

Re: Faction Operatives somehow became invisible?

Post by rookie.one »

https://hoodedhorse.com/wiki/Terra_Invicta/Councilors

you might check this for more info on the detection mechanics. it sometimes happens that you won't see a factions councilors for some time, usually initiative (they like criminals and criminal orgs usually give espionage) and humanity first (they love their max espionage operatives).

best way to detect councilors is check where their strongholds (e.g. nations they want to keep) are and surveille that region around the time they would defend their interests (high chance of being detected during that mission). investigate any unidentified councilor you see there then.

In your specific case you can also check the intel tab for enemy councilors to see if they have some (would be listed as unknown). you might also want to check their relations to see if they are at war with any other factions (especially humanity first). being at war means they will get targeted by assasinations and will be way more likely to go to ground.
DemonseedElite

Post by DemonseedElite »

I'll give it a try but I'm still wondering if something is messed up. I dropped a save and let it run for about 3 months, just sitting on Washington DC with a pair of 25 councilors taking turns surveiling and investigating every "unknown" on the map every turn. During that time, the USA was "hit" about 4 times by Project Exodus PR campaigns but never saw any of them.
bionicbadger

Post by bionicbadger »

Are you on the newest .53 build?

I have the invisible faction problem. For me it happened with the Servants. I even had a Servant councillor turned, but i can't see them anywhere, they don't show up on the list to investigate, or sabotage. Just seem to have disappeared, even though it shows the turned councillor on the list on the right side of the screen.