QoL Request: Setting to Disable Automatic Zoom to Selected

WillWKM

QoL Request: Setting to Disable Automatic Zoom to Selected

Post by WillWKM »

Hello,

My game runs slowly sometimes, and the biggest delay is the time it takes to move the camera from one side of the solar system to another when I select a fleet. Sometimes my target is in the same orbit the fleet is in, and I'd rather just select the target from the drop-down menu than go all the way to Jupiter from Mercury just to click on the same Alien fleet I've clicked on the last three times. This is even worse when I have a councilor in space in transit, where there are no active missions so I can't select one, and every time I assign a mission to one of my earth-based councilors the camera pans all the way back to the unassigned space councilor and I have to go back and forth three or four times every mission select.

If I could change a toggle in the options menu, where selecting a fleet or councilor does *not* zoom to that object immediately, and councilors do not automatically center the camera when it's their turn to move, and I can just click the "Go To" button or double click to change the view, this would help me immensely.

Thanks!

(A separate but related grievance: If I have a councilor in space, and there are no possible missions for them to select, please don't give me the popup complaining that I haven't selected missions for all my councilors.)
PAwleus

Re: QoL Request: Setting to Disable Automatic Zoom to Selected

Post by PAwleus »

WillWKM wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:27 pm If I have a councilor in space, and there are no possible missions for them to select, please don't give me the popup complaining that I haven't selected missions for all my councilors.
Perhaps they should be on the permanent Train mission ;)
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

PAwleus wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:15 am Perhaps they should be on the permanent Train mission ;)
If your councillor is on a ship being transported to [redacted] you literally cannot assign them a mission but the autozoom will still lock onto them and zoom there and prompt you about not having assigned a mission.

Would be nice if you could assign them a permanent (fake) mission. Like admiral or something.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
rookie.one

Post by rookie.one »

DarthVicious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:50 pm Would be nice if you could assign them a permanent (fake) mission. Like admiral or something.
-Surveil Location works definetely
-Defend Interests and Protect Target should work aswell

Set the ship you are on as your target.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

This is going to sound silly, but how do I put a councillor on a ship please?
PAwleus

Post by PAwleus »

You can do it in the same way as on a station.
DarthVicious wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:50 pm
PAwleus wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:15 am Perhaps they should be on the permanent Train mission ;)
If your councillor is on a ship being transported to [redacted] you literally cannot assign them a mission but the autozoom will still lock onto them and zoom there and prompt you about not having assigned a mission.

Would be nice if you could assign them a permanent (fake) mission. Like admiral or something.
Like perhaps Train? ;)