Suggestion: Councilor Automation

naturalbornunicorn

Suggestion: Councilor Automation

Post by naturalbornunicorn »

First, I know there's some planning for late-game changes for councilor management on the roadmap (and that may or may not include councilor automation to some degree, though the specifics haven't been defined).

But I think that a menu to set preferences for councilor automation from the get-go would be ideal for streamlining gameplay while still allowing for a certain level of flexibility.

I'm imagining a sort of if-then tree for this purpose.

Just for example:
1. If undefended Control Point, then Defend Interests (possibly starting with the highest GDP nation or giving some options for preferential targeting).
2. If no undefended CP, then stabilize any controlled nation with >X Unrest (could give the option to set a tolerance level for X).
3. If no Unrest >X, then Advise.

My frame of reference for this type of automation is the Tactics menu from Dragon Age: Origins (which I felt had a fairly excellent UI for this feature), but I've been told that Rimworld has also done something along these lines.
DarthVicious

Re: Suggestion: Councilor Automation

Post by DarthVicious »

The simplest would be that 'advise' gets expanded to include automatic protect interests and public opinion bonus. Then you could assign a councillor to a nation and largely forget about it.

Alternately you could have a mission for 'general protection' which has an agent do protect interests > public campaign > stabilise nation > surveillance across all your control points on an economic priority basis.

Another general mission that would be nice is for 'surveil continent' where an agent would automatically do surveillance on all states on a continent and do investigation on any agents it finds.

Assassination, diplomacy, and direct enemy operations (coup, purge,etc.) might still be done manually.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
rookie.one

Re: Suggestion: Councilor Automation

Post by rookie.one »

I dont't really see i point in what to automate. if you have too many counselor actions in late game (or in in any stage of the game) just make an assignment a permanent one and your good to go. I usually set 3-4 advisors to a permanent advise position in that stage of the game while the others take care of public opinion or whatever is necessary.