How do Monthly Incomes work?

neilwilkes

How do Monthly Incomes work?

Post by neilwilkes »

I ask because one of my councillors has 'Verbena Rocketry' which is supposed to provide an income of 3MC/Month, yet it does absolutely nothing.
Been 6 mission cycles and MC cap has not increased at all, but at 3MC/Month it should now have increased by 9MC, unless my maths is woefully wrong.
Can someone please explain this?
It's the same on another councillor as well - MC is supposed to be 2/Month, yet I get nothing.

If this is not what I expect then why, and what is the point of the Org - it clearly states an MC of 3/month.
Chris D

Re: How do Monthly Incomes work?

Post by Chris D »

Most things, such as money or boost is saved. If you get 3 boost every month, it goes into your bank of unused boost. (you have spare rockets all ready to launch).
Mission control is never saved. You can't warehouse flight controllers or their time. Mission control is the maximum you can handle and it can't be saved, and the excess is leased out (gives you one money).
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

So what is the point of an org that is offering 3MC/Month income?
My MC available number goes up very slowly as MC is 'built' (wrong word, yes but it will have to do as it amounts to the same thing - MC is a resource) by Nations, yes? So if I set a councillor up with an org that is offering 3MC/Month - what should I actually get for my 3-star Org if not what it states outright I ought to see - 36 additional MC per game year?
If it does not give me this then why does it tell me it does?
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

The 'per month' is the misleading part. My understanding is it's 3MC. Just that.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

DarthVicious wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:14 pm The 'per month' is the misleading part. My understanding is it's 3MC. Just that.
A sort of one-off bonus of 3MC?
Not worth the three star accolade, methinks - that'uns going to go next time I run up my current playthrough.
Info much appreciated - I wager I could get a good price for that in a trade with another faction too.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

It's worthwhile to keep a few of these in your unassigned pool in case you lose MC for some reason. But if you have lots of surplus MC then it's superfluous.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.