Fleet stuck in temporary orbit

DarthVicious

Fleet stuck in temporary orbit

Post by DarthVicious »

Validation build, 0.3.42.

So I have some ships stuck in a temporary orbit. (screenshot). I tried something, launching them at an enemy fleet that was approaching Earth (it was very close, just a day or two out).

The enemy fleet evaded, but my fleet is now stuck in an orbit around Sol. They have over 1k dV, Earth is a literal stone's throw away, and I cant give them any orders. Does this correct itself? Should I just scuttle them? Does this make sense? Is it intended?

Note: This is actually half the fleet. The other half was split off into a separate fleet automatically (not by me) and I was able to return them to Earth no problem. Not sure whats going on with this lot though.

EDIT:
1. Actually I cant scuttle them. Thats disabled.
2. The ships that got split off and was able to be sent back to Earth, are on a 13 week journey back to Earth .... from Uranus. How they even got there .....

TemporaryOrbit_Stuck.png
TemporaryOrbit_Stuck.png (655.42 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
DarthVicious

Re: Fleet stuck in temporary orbit

Post by DarthVicious »

Follow up:

None of the savegames with these two wierd fleets will load. Game crashes to desktop with no message. I reverted to an autosave predating me launching the intercept, and that loaded fine.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.