Being stuck unifying the Americas

rookie.one

Being stuck unifying the Americas

Post by rookie.one »

I am currently kind of stuck unifying South America with North America. My current map looks like this:

North America, Capital Washington D.C., united with Canada, Mexico, Middle America excluding Panama
South American Uniom, Capitol Panama City, Panama and all of South America excluding Lima, La Paz
Peruvian Confederation, Capitol Lima, Regions Lima and La Paz

Uniting North America with South American Union works fine, but leaves Peruvian Confederation without being able to be claimed by the new Mega State.

Uniting South American Union with Peruvian Confederation (either by force or peacefully) resets the South American Union's Capitol to La Paz without being able to be claimed by North America.

My question now is, am I missing a step or is this something that gets fixed by 0.3.40 "game will track claims added that aren't from bilats but instead from annexation. A successful succession roll will give primacy to claims added from bilats than those that aren't" or is this unyfication simply not possible?

On a side note for my next playthrough and hopefully if Johnny Lump should see this. Is there a way to get a claim on Dehli/India? As i see it India is the only nation that cannot be claimed by others as even with researching Greater India, India stays India (instead of becoming "Greater India" nation, compare to Columbia becoming Gran Columbia).
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Being stuck unifying the Americas

Post by johnnylump »

These capital-moving tricks for mega-unifications aren't really anything we intended to be part of the game so I can't really advise how to pull them off. The 3.40 code doesn't really do much yet except for that one (limited) situation mentioned in the notes.
rookie.one

Re: Being stuck unifying the Americas

Post by rookie.one »

Thanks for the answer to my question and especially for the explanation of your intent.

I still don't understand the exact meaning of that part of the patch notes but i guess i'll find that out in my next playthrough.