MC cap & retaliation levels

neilwilkes

MC cap & retaliation levels

Post by neilwilkes »

Can some good soul please spell this one out for me, please?
I genuinely have no idea how far I can push my MC spend without triggering retaliation - I understand 90 seems to be the magic number, but have absolutely zero clue if this scales or not.
I guess there is only one real way to find out and that is to push things, but I am trying to fly 'under the radar' and not seem to be a threat to Xenos until I am ready for them.
It's a very fine line - much fun though
DarthVicious

Re: MC cap & retaliation levels

Post by DarthVicious »

You could read this. it has *some* info. But not a lot of detail.
https://gameplay.tips/guides/terra-invi ... evels.html

But without spoiling anything, the best I would say is that you want to follow your faction objectives. They lead to events and techs and projects that may help you. However, the game is in staying on the line, until you think you are ready to step over it.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

DarthVicious wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:33 pm You could read this. it has *some* info. But not a lot of detail.
https://gameplay.tips/guides/terra-invi ... evels.html

But without spoiling anything, the best I would say is that you want to follow your faction objectives. They lead to events and techs and projects that may help you. However, the game is in staying on the line, until you think you are ready to step over it.
Appreciated.
I understand to follow faction objectives - currently trying to find a Hydra to capture the bugger, but they hide well.
Currently sitting at 94/128 MC and the hate monitor is static at 2 lights, so suspect I can put up a small fleet or an extra base.
The base will be the better option - time to see if that puts me over the line.
Ian_W

Post by Ian_W »

Note that MC creates a 'floor', below which hate will not go.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

Ian_W wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:30 am Note that MC creates a 'floor', below which hate will not go.
Noted in my last try - it sat there at 3 bars once I went to 101/140 MC.
There seems to be something about the number 90 it doesn't like much, but 100/140 definitely caused escalations
Ian_W

Post by Ian_W »

neilwilkes wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:12 pm
There seems to be something about the number 90 it doesn't like much, but 100/140 definitely caused escalations
More accurately, the other stuff you were doing (attacking the Sevants, murdering or capturing Hydra, and so on) caused the escalation.

Building all those Space facilities got the Aliens nervous enough that they went 'Right. That's it. Time to accelerate the timeline and deal with those Humans before they get too powerful'.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

Ian_W wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 pm
neilwilkes wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:12 pm
More accurately, the other stuff you were doing (attacking the Sevants, murdering or capturing Hydra, and so on) caused the escalation.

Building all those Space facilities got the Aliens nervous enough that they went 'Right. That's it. Time to accelerate the timeline and deal with those Humans before they get too powerful'.
er....oops?