My UI wishlist

Barleyman

My UI wishlist

Post by Barleyman »

From 59 hours of playtime, here's my wishlist on what UI could do better.

Intelligence screen:
You should be able to drill down to a faction page which would show you their agents with stats. Right now, you have to click on each agent in turn to see what their stats are like to make sure they're not pimped up with Admin-boosting orgs and do Hostile Takeover and/or murder as appropriate. More clicks and the UI takes a bit to swap from globe view and back.

Research screen:
You should be able to mark techs as obsolete / WONTDO. Put in a tab/button for hidden tech to counter mis-ticks. Allow sorting by availability date i.e. latest first.

Techtree:
Well, this needs love. Maybe give us tabs for each disciple to make it more manageable but it should still show dependencies to other schools as appropriate. Faction projects also need to be broken down into sections so you can check e.g. engine tech requirements without trauma.

Agent screen:
Showing apparent / last known loyalty without opening agent view would help a bit. On agent view it'd be helpful to show base AND org bonus points. If you're under the cap, this is obvious. But if you're over the cap it's not obvious without manually counting how many e.g. admin points you've got to figure out if you're over the limit and by how much.

Hab view:
You should be able to sort by resource income/deficit, like you can on prospect/solar system screens. This would require giving more space to the or list view to break things into columns.

Globe view:
Change MC colour if you're getting bonus MC due to number of mines.

Notifications:
This needs love as well. Copy Paradox playbook here and give us gamelog-view and ability to configure events to pop-up with pause / pop-up / notification icon / log only / hide. As it is, you get spam about e.g., agents detected and countries changing relationships which usually have no bearing on you.

I don't have much to comment about spaceship combat UI or transfer planner as I've not actually got into the part where shooting happens much. Forewarned about what happens if you get uppity too soon with xenos.
Barleyman

Re: My UI wishlist

Post by Barleyman »

Okay, I have a comment on the ship combat as well.

It'd be good to have a combat log view, where you could check what your weapons are doing or not doing as it may be. The information briefly flashes on screen but it's difficult to see on 1440p and 4k and it's there now and gone if you blink.

In fact, having similar GAME log view would be good to have a history of game events, like certain Swedish strategy game company does.
cdocasualty

Re: My UI wishlist

Post by cdocasualty »

It would be nice if one could select a tech or a project as a goal and then have the global research selections automatically chosen to work toward that goal. For example, I want to bee-line the Daedelus Torch drive. I should be able to select the Daedelus Torch project then have the global research selections auto-pilot to get there.