It's still on 0.3.23
matou78

Re: GOG isn't updated?

Post by matou78 »

same on steam but we can use beta branch which is in 0.3.26
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

matou78 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:54 pm same on steam but we can use beta branch which is in 0.3.26
We do not have a beta available
Meow67

Post by Meow67 »

Man, I hope they will update the game fast. 0.3.23 really messed up a lot of things with Aliens.3.20 was not the best either, yet now it's simply a joke.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

Well at least we are now only 2 behind at 0.3.27....
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

No, you're not. 0.3.27 is the current default build on both Steam and Gog. .28 and .29 are beta builds we're able to make available on Steam to people who opt in to them (currently about 1% of our players there).
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

johnnylump wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:30 pm No, you're not. 0.3.27 is the current default build on both Steam and Gog. .28 and .29 are beta builds we're able to make available on Steam to people who opt in to them (currently about 1% of our players there).
Thanks for the info, that's good to know.
KinSeth2

Post by KinSeth2 »

I appreciate the beta builds. I havent ran into many issues with them.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

OK but now we're on 0.3.35, and you're saying the latest stable version is still 0.3.27??? We're quite a few numbers from there. Is GOG only updated every couple months? I get 35 is the latest on Steam, but at least let us GOG users play something close like 33. We are far behind and I just want to see the latest stable version. Much has been done since 27, no?
thegreywarden92

Post by thegreywarden92 »

Yes I'd love to see an update to the game or at least beta channels on GOG.

I'm currently having a bug crashing my game everytime a interception Spacebattle ends. Freezing the game an then crashing before showing the results screen.
And it seems to be fixed in 3.30 at least if its the bug mentioned in the patchnotes.

It is quite frustrating to see that there is a version where the bug seems to be fixed and not having that version available because I bought it on GOG...
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We are working toward a stable build. Stable builds have been and will generally continue to be made available on Steam and GOG within a few hours of each other.

We are not yet fully confident that any build after 0.3.27 doesn't make things worse. We're getting there, but there have been multiple updates to the Beta builds on Steam because some of those builds did in fact make things worse. It takes time to fix bugs and it takes time to make sure those fixes work and didn't break anything else.

We appreciate the willingness expressed here by GOG users to opt in to testing builds we're still trying to validate as stable. We haven't investigated the mechanics of making Betas available on GOG. If our opt-in rates to Beta builds on GOG match that on Steam, we are talking about a very small group of people who would opt into Beta builds on GOG -- and a smaller subset who would provide feedback, which is one of our reasons for making those builds available at all. We are not a large team so we have to weigh the staff time that would be spent updating Beta builds on GOG for that small group against what other needs that time could be spent on -- like fixing bugs or developing features.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

johnnylump wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:00 pm We are working toward a stable build. Stable builds have been and will generally continue to be made available on Steam and GOG within a few hours of each other.

We are not yet fully confident that any build after 0.3.27 doesn't make things worse. We're getting there, but there have been multiple updates to the Beta builds on Steam because some of those builds did in fact make things worse. It takes time to fix bugs and it takes time to make sure those fixes work and didn't break anything else.

We appreciate the willingness expressed here by GOG users to opt in to testing builds we're still trying to validate as stable. We haven't investigated the mechanics of making Betas available on GOG. If our opt-in rates to Beta builds on GOG match that on Steam, we are talking about a very small group of people who would opt into Beta builds on GOG -- and a smaller subset who would provide feedback, which is one of our reasons for making those builds available at all. We are not a large team so we have to weigh the staff time that would be spent updating Beta builds on GOG for that small group against what other needs that time could be spent on -- like fixing bugs or developing features.
Understood. If you find you reach that critical threshold of GOG users willing to beta test and provide feedback, I would mark myself down. I have played betas for many other games and looked for bugs, UI/UX issues, etc.