[Sugestion] Using cash+boost to upkeep space assets

nandemoneye

[Sugestion] Using cash+boost to upkeep space assets

Post by nandemoneye »

When you're empty of space resources required for the upkeep of space assets are sent from earth costing cash+boost. When the game develop you start spending space resources to pay for this upkeep. Why not have a option to continue using cash+boost?
KinSeth2

Re: [Sugestion] Using cash+boost to upkeep space assets

Post by KinSeth2 »

I mean, you could implement this, but it feels like something someone would do for a challenge run. It's a fundamentally terrible idea to actually do this. Boost is extraordinarily expensive compared to normal materials. If you have excess of it you can use it to build things or trade it to the AI for stuff. Or just hold onto it for when you need it since it's a malleable material. The space resources once you have them are substantially more efficient. I genuinely cannot think of a single situation that would make using boost for upkeep a better option than in space resources.
nandemoneye

Post by nandemoneye »

KinSeth2 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:52 am I mean, you could implement this, but it feels like something someone would do for a challenge run. It's a fundamentally terrible idea to actually do this. Boost is extraordinarily expensive compared to normal materials. If you have excess of it you can use it to build things or trade it to the AI for stuff. Or just hold onto it for when you need it since it's a malleable material. The space resources once you have them are substantially more efficient. I genuinely cannot think of a single situation that would make using boost for upkeep a better option than in space resources.
You're right, this should be used in a few habs only, and for a limited amount of time. In a previous gameplay I had a economic issue where I build a bunch of upgrades to my stations and it got the volatiles to a deficit. This caused a problem that I cannot fund a new mine base (mars already full) in a reasonable amount of time. This situation is what gave me this idea, what if I could maintain earth stations using cash+boost during this time to fund a new base in the asteroid belt. But I agree thats not something that will be used a lot
KinSeth2

Post by KinSeth2 »

I see. So it was to offset the time delay of making from earth. I can see that being a thing then.