Frustrated unification - Poland into Eurasian Union stymied suddenly

jaspaucooper
Terra Invicta Alpha Tester

Frustrated unification - Poland into Eurasian Union stymied suddenly

Post by jaspaucooper »

Playing Russia/Eurasian Union. Got the Warsaw Pact improvement. Got control of Poland. Got it into the Eurasian Union federation. Was all set to unify it into Eurasian Union--now it suddenly is no longer even in the federation, and I see this FAIL: "Poland must be allied or able to ally with all federation members (ignoring alliance adjacency requirements)" -- Bug?

The only countries listed under Cooldown when looking at Eurasian Union are these: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Slovakia, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan. If those are the only other members of the federation, which one of them is putting the kibosh on Poland joining up?
KinSeth2

Re: Frustrated unification - Poland into Eurasian Union stymied suddenly

Post by KinSeth2 »

You need to look at the actual listing for the federation, so look at the allies and check each of them individually. I dont know if there is an easier way but one of those is unable to ally with Poland or vice versa. This includes cooldowns. If any of them are on cooldown for poland to ally with, they can't do it.
Alitari

Post by Alitari »

This appears to be another example of the UI not telling us the information we want to know on the screen that we think we should be able to see it on. More specifically, it's not telling us the specific reason why this or that can or cannot happen ... or why this or that is going in the direction that it is RIGHT NOW, instead of a general text block saying 'X generally leads to Y and Z generally leads to A' instead of 'because X is at this level, what you're looking at is going towards Y at this rate, but is mitigated by the level of Z to this amount'.
jaspaucooper
Terra Invicta Alpha Tester

Post by jaspaucooper »

KinSeth2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:30 am You need to look at the actual listing for the federation, so look at the allies and check each of them individually. I dont know if there is an easier way but one of those is unable to ally with Poland or vice versa. This includes cooldowns. If any of them are on cooldown for poland to ally with, they can't do it.
Where do you go to "look at the actual listing for the federation"? Russia is now called Eurasian Union, same as the federation. I can go to the country. Where are federations shown?
KinSeth2

Post by KinSeth2 »

In alliances. If they are all unified into literally just "The Eurasian Union" its treated as one country.