Aggresive Exodus

Meow67

Aggresive Exodus

Post by Meow67 »

Is it just me, or Exodus AI is programmed to be highly aggressive towards player for some reason? I did not have a round, where Exodus was friendly. Always trying to put me down, no matter my chosen faction.

No other faction is so annoying with attempts to purge my cp’s everywhere. Even when I choose to play in poor Africa, exodus just won't leave me alone. And they hungrily wait when my cp protection ends. As soon as my protection ends, they send agents to try to purge my cps, while other factions are like “Nah, waste of time”
Alitari

Re: Aggresive Exodus

Post by Alitari »

I haven't had a specific problem with Exodus being overly aggressive, but they might be focusing on their priority ... on a meta level, they shouldn't care about the Earth, their goal is to get off of it as quickly as possible, so they should be going after nations with high Boost or the nations with the potential for high Boost, and nations that focus on research, so they can get their space ships built.

If yours and their goals overlap ... maybe that's why they're being aggressive towards you.
Honarius

Post by Honarius »

The thing I don't get is why are they so happy to take your boost rather than build their own? At the beginning I'm fine with them been very aggressive on pursuing boost heavy countries but I had them declare war on me around 2030 attacking Germany with South Korea, for no obvious reason outside of I forgot to ally it with the EU. It was pretty insane to deal with that while I had the Alien Administration doing naval invasions of Paris which I had to defensively nuke to stop.
Meow67

Post by Meow67 »

Alitari wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:43 am I haven't had a specific problem with Exodus being overly aggressive, but they might be focusing on their priority ... on a meta level, they shouldn't care about the Earth, their goal is to get off of it as quickly as possible, so they should be going after nations with high Boost or the nations with the potential for high Boost, and nations that focus on research, so they can get their space ships built.

If yours and their goals overlap ... maybe that's why they're being aggressive towards you.
Boost make sense for them being so annoying. Yet its also kinda stupid, when they keep doing that, you will simply get angry and start fighting them properly. Leading to more conflicts and destruction just for the sake of boost? In the long term Exodus might lose more than they gain. Slowing their project in the end.

Personally I would not care about them at all. Just fly away into deep empty space, you lunatics.

Like I kinda find boost useless after some years in game, when i embrace space mining in full way. So I use boost for bribing. Yet I did not notice that Exodus like boost acquired by trade more than other factions. Yeah sure. They become tolerant for one turn but then they change “at war” very very fast.