Is it possible to maintain good relation with some AI human factions through late game?

ecpgieicg

Is it possible to maintain good relation with some AI human factions through late game?

Post by ecpgieicg »

Is it possible to maintain good relation with some AI human factions through late game? Have someone tried it?

Just curious
Meow67

Re: Is it possible to maintain good relation with some AI human factions through late game?

Post by Meow67 »

Yes but also no. Depends on your faction and how you play the game. I hope I don't need to remind you that Humanity First will be hostile to Servants from mid game no matter what… So let's skip this one.

I actually played a lot of academy to be more “neutral” and try to do diplomacy and stuff. And I already mentioned “Don't be the big dog” In thread about faction relations. And that's the key. You may play as HF and have Resistance friendly the whole time, if you 1, don't attack them much 2, You are weaker or equally strong. When you become too strong, they will simply cut off any “tolerance” and will fight you like anyone else.

I’ve roleplayed in the academy as like a true neutral, trying to negotiate a peace treaty. I managed to stay friendly Resistance, Protectorate and Initiative. With Tolerance, if not non-aggression. It is also kinda logical from lore. HF and Servants are extremists. So they disagree with the Academy in the end. Servants were tolerant towards me whole time, until aliens started attacking me... So yea, this also make sense. No idea why Exodus hated me so much and was "at war" basically from start....

All I had to do was to stay low with specific countries under control. Keep bribing factions and invest heavily into mining, so I was able to spam stations with mission control parts and research to balance my lack of big countries. Was is annoying? Yes. Was it worthy? Yea was actually fun to roleplay as "the negotiator". A lot of micromanagement with stations tho. Could really use the “copy paste” feature for stations. Or even mass upgrade of specific stations on specific design, all at once.

But I made it. I finished the last part of the story! And basically won as Academy, as intended by devs (i guess). Not going to do it again tho
ecpgieicg

Re: Is it possible to maintain good relation with some AI human factions through late game?

Post by ecpgieicg »

That's awesome. Sounds like great gameplay. But also quite some pain.

Thank you for sharing!