Bug or feature? Alien Armies can traverse oceans despite blockade

Vengarr

Bug or feature? Alien Armies can traverse oceans despite blockade

Post by Vengarr »

I'm leaning towards bug, because even non-alien armies of the Alien Nation can traverse the oceans despite my navy. The Alien Nation reads as being "Blockaded" on the nation screen and the armies were NOT in transit prior to my declaration of war. In fact, they didn't set sail for a few weeks.

I'm in real trouble now...I invested a lot of time and money into having more naval score than them, to ensure they would be trapped in Africa.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Bug or feature? Alien Armies can traverse oceans despite blockade

Post by johnnylump »

Can you send a savegame where this is happening to support@pavonisinteractive.com?
Vengarr

Re: Bug or feature? Alien Armies can traverse oceans despite blockade

Post by Vengarr »

I sent a save. Upon review, the alien armies had JUST queued up a naval transit when war was declared, but they had not yet transitioned into a navy icon, and their arrow and icon made it look like they were moving northeast by land instead of sailing around the Horn of Africa.

The Codex doesn't mention how blockades are supposed to handle units in transit when war is declared. If Naval blockades intentionally exclude armies already "in the water", then it is working as intended (albeit visually VERY confusing since they weren't "in the water").