Suggestion: add deep customization of difficulty

Rufus

Suggestion: add deep customization of difficulty

Post by Rufus »

Two of my favorite games are Europa Universalis 4 and the XCOM series. What these games get right is replayability through a wide range of difficulty settings. In EU4 this is achieved through a combination of the difficulty setting and the choice of the starting nation, which can be a superpower or an irrelevant one province nation. In XCOM this is achieved through a difficulty setting and second wave options. Something like this in Terra Invicta would add much enjoyment and replayability for relatively little development effort.

In EU4 the the starting location matters a lot. In TI the player can send their councillors everywhere without restriction, leading to the same opening moves every game (from what I read, the optimal opening move is to establish one's powerbase in the US or the EU or China). It could be interesting to experiment with a difficulty setting where the player can initially only operate or establish control in a certain region of the world. That would force players to try other opening moves.

I played the demo and I'm currently waiting for Terra Invicta to become a more finished game before starting to play again, so apologies of there are already are second wave options.
pestig

Re: Suggestion: add deep customization of difficulty

Post by pestig »

I simply would ask for cheat or even easier difficulty. Currently save summing is the only thing I can do to salvage my investment. Cheat option for freebies, or extra cp, or at least taking your Cp harder would be useful: Currently to enjoy the story I did not want to go with less faction. However even on easiest mode I am stomped by other factions.
Martenzo

Re: Suggestion: add deep customization of difficulty

Post by Martenzo »

I've found that the most convenient way to cheat without having to reset faction templates every time you want to play a different faction is to turn off Save Compression and edit the savefile. The go-to things I usually do:

Search for your faction name (i.e, "Humanity First") and the base income from "Faction HQ" will be somewhere nearby. A little bit of extra base income of Influence and Boost can do wonders. (Note that the numbers there are Yearly Income)
Note down the names of your councilors, look them up in the save data and give their statline a bit of a boost.