[Feature suggestion] Separate menu listing for planets, moons, and asteroids

ecpgieicg

[Feature suggestion] Separate menu listing for planets, moons, and asteroids

Post by ecpgieicg »

Probably played 30-60h over Terra Invicta over the last few days after first starting to play. Part of the unique appeal of Terra Invicta for me is the perspective of space exploration in the particular genre blend.

Though I find it rather difficult to navigate the very many asteroids and thus space-settlement possibilities. The Global menu has a listing -- which I didn't encounter until after manually clicking through asteroids in space view several dozen times. But the listing is somewhat restricted. It would be nice if similar function like "manage" for habs is available where player can interact with the astronomical object directly. And then it helps to see locations, distances to earth, in addition to the existing info.

Approaching probes and arrival time can be included in the list too. aside from the above and similar info of the Habs list. Currently probing does not cost much and probing everything and then forget is probably the predominant use of the mechanics. Nonetheless, even if the player doesn't need to interact with the probes, it could still be nice to be able to track their arrival progress -- as it could enhance the feeling of exploring in space. Hence this particular suggestion in addition.