Faction Relationships

Calecute

Faction Relationships

Post by Calecute »

Does anyone knows what exactly affects Faction relations? I tried gardening the alien flora in the territory of another faction to try and make them happy, but they did not seem to mind at all. Is there anyway to raise relationships besides gifting them lots of things? They don't seem to care about gardening their gardens, but do they care if you lower unrest in their country?

Also it would be good to know exactly what lowers it. I imagine hostile missions, but does it make a difference what you did? Like assassinations probably pretty bad, but are crackdowns less hostile than purges? Do they discount attacks against abandoned countries? Does things like raise unrest are seem as hostile? Do public campaigns in their country?

Also do country relationships affect faction relationships? Having rival countries make factions rivals? Sharing federation makes them friends? Related, but sharing a country brings a faction closer or more distant or it doesn't make a difference?
blarglol

Re: Faction Relationships

Post by blarglol »

Calecute wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:23 pm Does anyone knows what exactly affects Faction relations? I tried gardening the alien flora in the territory of another faction to try and make them happy, but they did not seem to mind at all. Is there anyway to raise relationships besides gifting them lots of things? They don't seem to care about gardening their gardens, but do they care if you lower unrest in their country?

Also it would be good to know exactly what lowers it. I imagine hostile missions, but does it make a difference what you did? Like assassinations probably pretty bad, but are crackdowns less hostile than purges? Do they discount attacks against abandoned countries? Does things like raise unrest are seem as hostile? Do public campaigns in their country?

Also do country relationships affect faction relationships? Having rival countries make factions rivals? Sharing federation makes them friends? Related, but sharing a country brings a faction closer or more distant or it doesn't make a difference?
All I know is you can use one of your councilors to approach theirs and go for a non-aggression pact. Later I assume you can ally if not diametrically opposed - Humanity First vs. Servants for example...
KinSeth2

Post by KinSeth2 »

Yeah, this confuses me. I approached a member of Humanity first. They are tolerant of me. No non-aggression option.
Approached a member of the protectorate who are in-conflict with me. Non aggression option.
Talked to a member of Exodus, who are at war with me. No non-aggression pact option.

I dont get it!
Meow67

Post by Meow67 »

Faction relations are kinda tricky. They don't really work like diplomacy so far. These non-aggression pacts exist always, even until the end of the game. No matter if you are hostile or friendly with faction. Yet it also depends on your faction of course. With the Academy I was able to form a non-aggression pact with everybody. At Least for some time.

Yet they work in the style like “Hey, there is a big dog which needs to be put down or atleast weakened. Let's stop fighting for now and fight them”

Its not an alliance and as soon as you become stronger and AI will see that you are becoming too much stronger, they often go against you no matter what. Like in my scenario where I was an Academy, I unified the EU and every other faction except servants became hostile. Why was I allowed to do non-aggression pact with servants and other faction not? The same reason as said above. Me and my servants were the strongest ones. So we were allowed to make a non-aggression pact. I controlled EU+ integrated russia. Servants controlled NA and China. Rest of the factions changed “in conflict” with me. Hell even the Resistance become tolerant with the Protectorate somehow xD

So if you want to play with non-aggression pacts, don't be op. Don't be the big dog. Because AI will get envious and become hostile. And I also noticed in AI behavior that factions turn to be more hostile when you rapidly expand in a short time.

In my second run as the Academy I managed to unify the EU and still stay tolerant with the Resistance, Protectorate, Servants and Humans first. Exodus hated me the whole time…Yet it took me a long time. Basically to the year 2032.

So as I said before. Don't be the big dog, when you want to play with non-agressions pacts. Atleast until devs develop some kind of diplomacy, which would be great.