[SPOILER ALERT] about xenoscum motivation

bro342

[SPOILER ALERT] about xenoscum motivation

Post by bro342 »

Imagine that you are the captain of a nuclear submarine. You defend your homeland with the most dangerous weapon that humanity has come up with, and use it only as a last resort. Now imagine that you are sailing past Papua New Guinea and you see a crowd of savages on the shore. Considering that they themselves will someday develop into atomic weapons, you decide to eliminate the threat and destroy them with nuclear weapons.
Stupid? Yes.
But that's the motivation of the aliens. And she's just disgusting.
Since the game is in early access and I know how workaholics and perfectionists you guys are, I want to whine about the motivation of the aliens and trying to fix it. And I invite everyone present.
part-time freemason

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] about xenoscum motivation

Post by part-time freemason »

I will not touch on the assertion that humanity is always an aggressive species. I don't want to start a philosophical argument. Let's talk about technology.
Human history shows that the higher our technological progress, the faster we move on. The aliens from the game are not the mindless phantoms of Watts and the mindless ocean of Lem. This is a classic reflection of a person through the prism of fantasy. And they most likely obey the same laws as we do. Without their invasion, humanity would have floundered for decades at the beginning within its planet, and then for centuries within the system, getting somewhere beyond its borders is a dubious pleasure. And during this time, the aliens themselves would develop their technologies, and they would develop much faster than people. As a result, even if people wanted to fight, they would be trampled into the mud with a much larger technological gap than is presented in the game.
However, the alien invasion (not a word about the first attempts in the game!) allowed people to practically reach the aliens' technical level in the shortest possible time, unite and develop xenophobic sentiments within themselves. The aliens shot themselves in the foot, and because of this, their motivation looks frankly miserable.
Last edited by part-time freemason on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martenzo

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] about xenoscum motivation

Post by Martenzo »

I see that you haven't reached the point where you capture and interrogate Aliens to learn their actual motives, or the limitations of their faction.
Spoiler: show
Because the objective completion lore blurbs that come with completing that tech and the follow-ups demonstrate that the Aliens are legit concerned about Earth's nuclear arsenal. Because despite the considerable technological advantage in terms of Army vs Army combat, the invasion force they want to deploy can still be killed by (potentially repeated) nuclear strikes against them, and these are NOT cheap for them to replace. The Aliens arrived here via projecting an FTL portal to the Kuiper Asteroids, which is really damn expensive for them to keep open, and has very limited throughput both in terms of material and manpower.

The Hydras are the leading species here to enslave us, take our resources and genetically modify us to become yet another thrall species, like they did with the Griffins that crew their ships and the Salamanders that make up their special forces (and potentially others). But there are only like 500 Hydras in the Sol system, and they reproduce very slowly. Despite their extreme loyalty, they are still a society and not a hive mind, and politics apparently play a part in how they are expected to succeed with the limited amount of resources they receive through the ungodly expensive-to-maintain portal.
All that said, I kinda agree with the sentiment elsewhere that the Alien Councilors have way too high of a Security rating as a baseline. And they get *years* to grow their XP and invest it into maxing out their Security with no chance of being detected or targeted because humans won't have the tech to detect them.