Can't deploy a specific councilor to a nation!?

The Boz

Can't deploy a specific councilor to a nation!?

Post by The Boz »

So I am trying to take over France. I have four agents there, one spamming propaganda, and three spamming unrest. Got it to 60% support, 7.6 unrest, and suddenly, my Kingpin, my one guy who has Coup and a Command ability above, like, seven... can't be deployed in France!? Like, at all! He can do whatever he wants in whatever other country anywhere on the globe, but France? Can't coup, can't unrest, can't surveil, can't even investigate someone who happens to be there.
WHAT THE HELL, GAME?!
blarglol

Re: Can't deploy a specific councilor to a nation!?

Post by blarglol »

The Boz wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:31 pm So I am trying to take over France. I have four agents there, one spamming propaganda, and three spamming unrest. Got it to 60% support, 7.6 unrest, and suddenly, my Kingpin, my one guy who has Coup and a Command ability above, like, seven... can't be deployed in France!? Like, at all! He can do whatever he wants in whatever other country anywhere on the globe, but France? Can't coup, can't unrest, can't surveil, can't even investigate someone who happens to be there.
WHAT THE HELL, GAME?!
Check his traits. Certain councilors have traits that prevent them from operating in different types of countries. 2 that come to mind are high unrest places, and those where they are wanted criminals and thus in exile.
tstein

Post by tstein »

blarglol wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:54 pm
The Boz wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:31 pm So I am trying to take over France. I have four agents there, one spamming propaganda, and three spamming unrest. Got it to 60% support, 7.6 unrest, and suddenly, my Kingpin, my one guy who has Coup and a Command ability above, like, seven... can't be deployed in France!? Like, at all! He can do whatever he wants in whatever other country anywhere on the globe, but France? Can't coup, can't unrest, can't surveil, can't even investigate someone who happens to be there.
WHAT THE HELL, GAME?!
Check his traits. Certain councilors have traits that prevent them from operating in different types of countries. 2 that come to mind are high unrest places, and those where they are wanted criminals and thus in exile.
But this need to be conveyed more clearly! it is bad interface design when limitations are not explicit.
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

Ye, turned out he has Paranoid.
So you have two full dozen of "different" councilor roles that sometimes have just one single mission of non-overlap between them, and then you get perks that can add or remove more missions, and then you get orgs that add more missions... The design of this is baffling to me.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

The Boz wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:26 pm Ye, turned out he has Paranoid.
So you have two full dozen of "different" councilor roles that sometimes have just one single mission of non-overlap between them, and then you get perks that can add or remove more missions, and then you get orgs that add more missions... The design of this is baffling to me.
:| You just need to pay more attention I guess. Personally I don't mind. I got burned on a few councilors early on so now I always look very closely at them. They are your most important decisions I believe.
Omnisus

Post by Omnisus »

I just registered to say that. During my first gameplay I thought that Servants have superpowers, because I couldn't preform any actions on them. Just later discovered that it is connected to traits. There should be tooltip with more clearer that you cannot perform this action and why (not everyone plays with sound on or can hear at all).

Also selecting nations when you switch councillor is weird, sometimes it refers to country where agent stations sometimes not. It is confusing when you select for example Russia, later select councillor in Italy and you still have Russia on the tooltip one the left, but you will perform actions in Italy

Edit.
Also selecting position to purge is unnecessary difficult. I have 3 positions to purge in Italy, 2 with 0% chances and 1 with 56% but UI chooses 0% by default and to switch i have to search by whole list with any sort at all
Edit. 2
I discovered that you could choose target for purge on nation tooltip, but it isn't auto-switched to currently targeted nation as I mentioned before even if actions will be performed in that country
Last edited by Omnisus on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

Omnisus wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:58 am I just registered to say that. During my first gameplay I thought that Servants have superpowers, because I couldn't preform any actions on them. Just later discovered that it is connected to traits. There should be tooltip with more clearer that you cannot perform this action and why (not everyone plays with sound on or can hear at all).

Also selecting nations when you switch councillor is weird, sometimes it refers to country where agent stations sometimes not. It is confusing when you select for example Russia, later select councillor in Italy and you still have Russia on the tooltip one the left, but you will perform actions in Italy

Edit.
Also selecting position to purge is unnecessary difficult. I have 3 positions to purge in Italy, 2 with 0% chances and 1 with 56% but UI chooses 0% by default and to switch i have to search by whole list with any sort at all
Edit. 2
I discovered that you could choose target for purge on nation tooltip, but it isn't auto-switched to currently targeted nation as I mentioned before even if actions will be performed in that country
The flag displayed is where they are currently, which country they are actually in. For nationality, look at their "hometown." Some councilors are exiles or activists or something else, so they either do not start in their home nation, or else cannot return to their home nation.
Omnisus

Post by Omnisus »

blarglol wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:34 pm The flag displayed is where they are currently, which country they are actually in. For nationality, look at their "hometown." Some councilors are exiles or activists or something else, so they either do not start in their home nation, or else cannot return to their home nation.
Yes I know about it, but I am refering this tooltip on the left with summary of country. Sometimes when you select new councilor to perform action it will refere country where they are now or currently selected country. I made this mistake often than I want to admit. Also you could perform action in Russia, but still have summary of China on the left (it is easy to miss ability to choose targeted position in goverment)