China Help CP

Dingbawz

China Help CP

Post by Dingbawz »

It took me a few years to take China. The year now is 2027 and I have USA, Kazakhstan and China. All fully controlled and locked down.

How is it possible for other factions to slowly pick off my CP for China when the stats of the country are going well. I am absolutely baffled and gutted that they've took it over so quickly after it took my years in game to get it.

What am I doing wrong?

Also as a side note my odds of taking them back are 0. I have high stat councillors and even if the CP is not locked down I still have 0% chance of crackdown and purge.
The Boz

Re: China Help CP

Post by The Boz »

The usual methods of crackdown>purge or unrest>coup do not work on China and the US; they are too large. Whoever sits on them first, has them forever, looks like.
Dingbawz

Post by Dingbawz »

Not true. I had all of China... few months later 2 of the sectors had been taken by AI.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

Dingbawz wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:28 pm Not true. I had all of China... few months later 2 of the sectors had been taken by AI.
Yeah I don't get it either. Even with high stat persuasion councilors and high public support, my chances to take are still low. Idk how the AI gets these points sometimes...
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

What I meant was "you can't take them".
No idea what rules the AI councilors use.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

So the US somehow was couped by these three factions despite me never having any kind of realistic percentage at that. I was building up Canada planning for a slow entry, working on public support. Over several turns my support has naturally eroded post coup. But finally their protections have expired and here I have my 11 Investigation councilor checking crackdown chances of success.

Even for Humanity First, whom you can see has 1% popular support, at best I have a...5% chance of success. So I have close to 10% popular support. Does that mean that if I was 30%, my chances would be 15%? How can these guys just come in and then we never have a realistic chance of combating them?

Forgot link: https://imgur.com/a/G1e9tDA
tstein

Post by tstein »

You can atke them. You just need to push public opinion to 70% or more and then start spamming crackup. Each mission will be around 10% chance, but you are eventually going to crack one. If you keep every round a single agent tryign to purge, it will purge on the same turn the crack up happens.
Martenzo

Post by Martenzo »

The Aliens get to attack CP with Abduction/Mind Control missions to turn a CP over to a pro-Alien faction. This action has a somewhat high baseline difficulty and needs several actions to finish, but I believe the action ignores the size of the target nation and economy. If your faction's passive Alien Detection rolls fail to detect this action before it finishes, it will look like the Servants/Protectorate somehow flipped the CP on their own.