Please make some kind of manual

MrMofo

Please make some kind of manual

Post by MrMofo »

I’ve been (lucky?) to be home sick for awhile which has given me a ludicrous amount of time to play this game. I’m currently in 2031. I’ve been binging it, which I’ve found is a terrible idea because it takes all my mental energy to avoid soft locking myself into a fail state.

So far I feel like I’ve been playing the Three Body Problem, which is freakin amazing. But yeah, it’s a great big messy game. And I can live with that. The only thing is…there is no explanation for so much of these complex systems. Especially space combat. I just found my first one and honestly I can’t imagine using anything but auto resolve.

I think you guys are taking for granted that some of the absolutely basics of space physics is lost on most gamers. We are used to Star Wars esque inaccurate space gun play. The inertia, lack of maneuvering, limited delta V, more power to you guys to have it all but plz plz plz we need some kind of super detailed explanation. Or even YouTube tutorials. In fact that’s what I recommend. You devs make a few YouTube tutorials explaining things, just like people do for Paradox games. It would be a huge help.

Kudos to you guys for making possibly the most insane grand strategy game I’ve ever played!
blarglol

Re: Please make some kind of manual

Post by blarglol »

Set up a skirmish battle with the ships you want from the main menu, and then check tutorial. It will explain everything and you don't even have to go into the campaign.
Alitari

Post by Alitari »

blarglol wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 pmSet up a skirmish battle with the ships you want from the main menu, and then check tutorial. It will explain everything and you don't even have to go into the campaign.
That kind of testing / prototyping of strategies based on the ships / techs you have in game against the kinds of ships you've observed / engaged ... all in game, not having to exit to the Main Menu ... would be a nice addition.
blarglol

Post by blarglol »

Alitari wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm
blarglol wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 pmSet up a skirmish battle with the ships you want from the main menu, and then check tutorial. It will explain everything and you don't even have to go into the campaign.
That kind of testing / prototyping of strategies based on the ships / techs you have in game against the kinds of ships you've observed / engaged ... all in game, not having to exit to the Main Menu ... would be a nice addition.
Sure, but that's not what I'm talking about. OP wanted to learn how to fight space battles, and that is the function of using the Skirmish mode from the main menu with the tutorial checked. It gives you instructions as you fight.

You can't build and test craft, but you have access to several slates of vessels from gunships to titans, including the aliens.
MrMofo

Post by MrMofo »

I didn’t realize there was that option, thanks for the tip!