Changing Starting Councilor Nationality

Martenzo

Changing Starting Councilor Nationality

Post by Martenzo »

So, I understand that there's a feature where the the game tries to ensure that your first councilor is from the player's home region. My first councilor is consistently from the UK, but I actually live elsewhere in the world. I suspect it's because I'm running the game through Proton, and the game is seeing some default settings of the compatibility environment that makes the game think I'm in the UK. Where exactly does the game grab this information from, and would it be possible for me to adjust a template somewhere to ensure a particular location?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Changing Starting Councilor Nationality

Post by johnnylump »

It uses the Windows regional settings, which is values available to every piece of software on your computer. We'll eventually give you some control over it. About the only way to change how it works now is to modify TINationTemplate.json so your ISO code is associated with whatever nation you want your councilor to be from.

(Specific value is here)
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotne ... regionname
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

Given the number and power of some US-based orgs... doesn't this kinda unbalance the game in favor of those players?
Anteep

Post by Anteep »

Martenzo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:38 am So, I understand that there's a feature where the the game tries to ensure that your first councilor is from the player's home region. My first councilor is consistently from the UK, but I actually live elsewhere in the world. I suspect it's because I'm running the game through Proton, and the game is seeing some default settings of the compatibility environment that makes the game think I'm in the UK. Where exactly does the game grab this information from, and would it be possible for me to adjust a template somewhere to ensure a particular location?
Haha, that's cool. I always wondered why I got a councillor from UK... I've been playing Resistance so I assumed it was bc of that
Martenzo

Post by Martenzo »

If you want to change it, open up "TerraInvicta_Data/StreamingAssets/Templates/TINationTemplate.json", search for United Kingdom (or whichever nation you're consistently getting your first councilor from) and copy-paste that nation's ISOCodes block into the ISOCodes block of your desired nation elsewhere in the same file. Then make sure the commas are all correct (the last item in the list must lack a comma, the others must have one). Then go back to the United Kingdom entry and turn their ISOCodes block into three empty strings

For instance, what I did:

United Kingdom Entry from

Code: Select all

"ISOCodes": [
      "GBR",
      "JEY",
      "IMN"
   ]
to

Code: Select all

"ISOCodes": [
      "",