Automate the council?

Clakz

Automate the council?

Post by Clakz »

Hi all! New player here. Im just completing the tutorial and it seems the game is mostly just about moving council around? Is there anyway to automate this so i dont have to deal with Earth politics?

I just want to battle the alien invasion, and i dont want to deal with politics at all ( i never do this in any Civ / strategy game).
Korvash

Re: Automate the council?

Post by Korvash »

I've read they are working on a late-game scenario where you can jump right into that.

However if you don't like the politics this might not be the right game for you since it's a huge chunk of it.
bighungryjames

Post by bighungryjames »

Yeah, reducing Earth Politics shenanigans at late game would help tremendously. Maybe increase them to 1-month per missions after 2040?
Clakz

Post by Clakz »

I refunded the game.

Too bad they had to put micromanagement politics into it, looked so promising!
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

Clakz wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:38 pm I refunded the game.

Too bad they had to put micromanagement politics into it, looked so promising!
Really?
It is partly the detailed Micromanagement that I really like about this game - before you can fight the aliens, you have to work out how in hell to actually do this in the first place. It's just much more realistic too.
Barleyman

Post by Barleyman »

In-game solution would be to make it possible to assign agents to some kind of maintenance mission that will automagically defend interests, perform propaganda, lower unrest and so on. As long as none of your "friends" pulls a coup on your countries, there's no need to do manual assignments.

As far as in-game mechanics go, agents are stupid effective, e.g. huge investments in unity, welfare and military pale with one agent spending two weeks on appropriate mission. Anyways, you can really fast-forward on management when your space economy gets going. 100 point investment in welfare equals to years and years of investing a quarter of GDP to welfare ..