LWotC soft lock on the world map

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
megaPerson

LWotC soft lock on the world map

Post by megaPerson »

I hope this is the right place to post this, I didn't see a specific section for Long War of the Chosen.

1.0 beta 4.1

Aside from LWotC, I'm only using the required mods on here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1921971985

The bug happens when I complete making contact with the new arctic. right before doing so (less than one day) I get a new supply drop, chosen events, etc (still early on, so no actual chosen events happen but it shows the screen).

After making contact with the new arctic, the camera shows me the new location's I can make contact with (the one across the ocean, I've already contact east Asia, started in West Asia), then pans to a location where it looks like one of the chosen is acting in, though I don't have access to it and haven't yet met any of the chosen. If I don't pick up the supply drop first, it gives me the pop up telling me that I have a supply drop available, but picking it up first doesn't stop the game from soft locking after panning.

I have control over the mouse still, audio, animation, and the time in the bottom right corner are all still going, but I cannot pan the map, I cannot click on anything, I can't even open the main menu with esc. I'm going to try waiting for a mission to play out and see if I can get around this, but so far I haven't found a solution.

I hope I've been specific enough, I'm really enjoying the mod so far!

I think I can offer a save game if necessary
megaPerson

Re: LWotC soft lock on the world map

Post by megaPerson »

Update:

I've completed two guerilla ops, then tried finishing making contact with new arctic. Still getting the same issue. I'm going to try approaching from the other direction, maybe if I make contact with the specific region where the chosen is action, I'll be able to bypass the softlock. From what I can tell, the game seems to be in a state where it thinks there's a pop up message that needs to be dealt with, but since there's no message, there's no way for me to regain control.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: LWotC soft lock on the world map

Post by johnnylump »

Put you in the LWotC subforum but you might get quicker response on their Discord: https://discord.gg/64gMAb3ktA