Serial + Traverse Fire + Implacable = bad AP refund calculations

Stroggus

Serial + Traverse Fire + Implacable = bad AP refund calculations

Post by Stroggus »

So I rolled on my Gunner Serial and Implacable in AWC. And she has Traverse Fire as well.

First is the small simple one - when you use Serial and DONT kill your target with your first shot (while standing still) Traverse Fire won`t proc and soldier`s actions are depleted (could be a bit cheesy, but from the description this should be allowed).

Ok now a bit trickier part. The point is if you use serial and kill an enemy with 1 shot (because if you don`t - see above) without moving you end with 3 action points (1 from implacable) which SEEMS like it is working as it should. And if you keep firing, on your next kill you will have 2 AP (again seems OK).

BUT

If you use Serial, THEN blue move + kill, then you will have 2 AP (not sure if it should be 3 since 2 from Serial and 1 move from Implacable but thats OK). AFTER that if you AGAIN blue move + kill, you will end up with only 1 AP and on the next kills only 1 AP will be refunded.

Also just tested Serial+kill = 3 AP refunded. Then you do 2 moves and kill = 1 AP refunded.

Don`t know if this is classified as bug or just somewhat clunky formulas where Traverse Fire somehow messes up. I think in these examples you are just ending with 1 real action and 2 moves, could be wrong.

Of course this situation have like super small chances, to roll these perks etc, but anyway worth a look I think.

I have somwhere save if needed, not like this should be hard to reproduce, but just in case.
cerebrawl

Re: Serial + Traverse Fire + Implacable = bad AP refund calculations

Post by cerebrawl »

Yeah, probably a problem with Serial + Traverse Fire, as I haven't had problems with either Serial + Light Em Up or Serial + Implacable (though I don't think I ever had all three on the same soldier, haven't had any of my Rangers with AWC implacable hit master sergeant yet, only class that can have that combo as Serial and Light Em Up compete for AWC level 3 slot, and Gunners/Sharpshooters are restricted from getting Light Em Up). No problems with Traverse Fire + Implacable either.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks, I'll have to make Serial and Traverse Fire exclusive from each other.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Actually, I noticed that I was getting this problem with Light Em Up and Serial today, looks like it's a problem with how Serial is coded, some check to end the soldier's turn if it fails to proc or something.

So, my bad for previous statement that I hadn't noticed any problems with those two together.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

I believe I also had a similar issue earlier with a Shinobi. She started her turn adjacent to a Sectoid, so she Slashed it (for a non-turn-ending kill) which proc'd Implacable, but was then able to shoot an enemy (did not proc Implacable as it had already fired) which effectively ended her turn with no movement allowed.

I did not try moving her between the slash and shoot, since it only displayed her as having 1 AP left.