Hacking stunned MECs leaves them stunned

Hazelnut

Hacking stunned MECs leaves them stunned

Post by Hazelnut »

Hacking a MEC stunned with a flashbang from a support grenadier leaves the unit controllable and movable, but it cannot shoot or use any of it's abilities. Something I only noticed when I jumped it into a pod ready to use the micro missles. quite annoying, hope it can be fixed.
Mandurang

Re: Hacking stunned MECs leaves them stunned

Post by Mandurang »

Can confirm this, it happened to me as well. In my case the MEC doesn't even do any of its animations, it only teleports to where you move it while being locked under the "stunned" head-down animation.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Also want to add to this that I perma-controlled a sectopod after stunning it, and for the next 10-20 turns of the HQ mission it never regained any ability to fire it's weapon. Still useful in completely obliterating the ayys cover though... lol :D
DjAci

Post by DjAci »

Same problem here
lewe

Post by lewe »

Same
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I have a fix for this that I'm testing now. Fixes both the hack leaves the unit stunned bug (mind controlling a bio unit clears stunned) and the animation bugs. Should be able to get this into 1.3.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I would like to point out that TrackTwo is posting whilst on a tropical vacation
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I hadn't actually left yet when I posted that :)

Fix is in now. Will be in 1.3. There is still a small animation glitch due to the way they originally implemented the hack animations - if you control a stunned robot it'll do the "reboot" animation twice. But the animations work correctly after that. I'll try to fix this glitch too but it's purely cosmetic and pretty minor so it's a fair bit further down on my priority list.