Issues with SPARKS and Infiltration.

moroniccinamun

Issues with SPARKS and Infiltration.

Post by moroniccinamun »

So I have found an issue, let me first start with sorry if this is already being addressed, I can't find the 1.1 version info anywhere.

Basically, I am able to have SPARKS infiltrate multiple missions at once; I wonder if this somehow stems from their ability to be sent out while wounded, making them always technically available.

For example, I had SPARK 001 (my only spark, no confusion here) infiltrating a mission. While that infiltration was going on, Second mission pops up, and sent the SPARK on that one by accident. Spark was in both missions; the first one came along, it actually took a few hits, and the damage was present when it appeared in the next mission.

I managed to do it again later, it appears this wasn't just a one-time bug but something you can just always do. I have absolutely no mods (other than LW2) installed, and I also have Alien Hunters enabled.
ArchmageMC

Re: Issues with SPARKS and Infiltration.

Post by ArchmageMC »

Sounds like Infiltration = wounded for how the mod is coded, and SPARKS ignore Wounded checks, which is why you can bring him out.
Viix

Post by Viix »

I have the exact same bug

If the devs could fix it that would be cool because i don't want to have to remember everytime to don't use the spark in two infiltration missions for the sake of roleplay.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

Hmmm, so it sounds like it is still present in 1.1.

I started a new game for 1.1 so I haven't gotten a SPARK yet to confirm.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Infiltrating isn't the same as wounded -- they are two different possible soldier status effects. Base XCOM 2 defines eStatus_OnMission, but didn't ever use it. We use this soldier status to indicate that a unit is either a Haven Adviser or is currently infiltrating a mission.

However, eStatus_Wounded is another possible status (along with eStatus_Active, eStatus_Training, and so on). A unit can only have exactly one status. So likely what is happening here is that the Wounded status on a Spark is overriding the OnMission status. For regular soldier units this isn't a big deal, since wounded units can't infiltrate anyhow, but for Sparks it is.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Update : I've made some changes to prevent Sparks from entering the Engineering healing staffslot when they are on-mission (infiltrating or acting as advisor). Similarly, starting an infiltration with a Spark or making a Spark an advisor will pause (not cancel) their current healing progress and remove them from the healing staff slot.

Returning wounded Sparks will still automatically enter healing if the staff slot is open.