My suggestions for the question, "Does anyone know if these Camera and Animation Skip / Fast Forward mods exist?"

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

My suggestions for the question, "Does anyone know if these Camera and Animation Skip / Fast Forward mods exist?"

Post by deaconivory »

Original link: https://www.reddit.com/r/XCOM2/comments ... animation/

You rang? :)

OP, here's where you want to start:

Quicker Abilities

or use either of these sub-mods of that mod (you can't use all three at the same time):

Tactical Speedup

Quicker Holotargeting

I don't have my game open at the moment, so I'm not 100% sure of the option names but you also want to go into the Options menu and turn off the "Kill cam", and turn on "Zip Mode".

I do not know if these mods will work with /u/musahsi

's mod but they will also do some of what you are looking for:

Quicker Reload

robojumper's various speed-ups

Stop Wasting My Time

Instant Avenger Menus, if you use this mod you need to use the Skyranger Elevator Fix mod as well.

Instant Loot

The caveat for all of these changes is that if you enable these mods, you can potentially miss in-game voice-over clues, and they can cause minor visual glitches (soldier's pistols not showing up when they shoot). But, they shouldn't break your game. Read the mod descriptions and discussion threads before installing any mods.

Free Camera Rotation doesn't lock the camera, but helps with the angles.

These two mods might work, I've not used them in some time, but they worked well for me when I did. You really can't use the other mods I've listed if you use them:

Action Queue

Disable More VO

For "zooming out" you want these ini edits:

DefaultCamera.ini ZoomedDistanceFromCursor=4800
DefaultCamera.ini MaxTilesCameraCanMoveOutsideLevelVolume=30

Center the camera on the current unit by pressing the "Home" key.

Zoom way the fuck out by repeatedly pressing the "F" key