Unofficial Compendium of Tips and Observations

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
Zyxpsilon

Re: Unofficial Compendium of Tips and Observations

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Excellent source of solid Info & most important details.

In fact.. you just saved me a LOT of design time for the upcoming integration of LW2 into my --LAByrinth-- mod structure. I guess i'll be putting most of my energy on essentials like; Tech-Tree Index (see below for a quick early test phase framework sample) & swift summary articles about other key subjects.

Soooo, thanks -- your work on that PDF file will serve as a good quality reference while we also watch the online UFO-Pedia grow with ultra content. Of course.. there's almost nothing as fun as to being lost in a LAByrinth straight from a bunch of ingame screens accessible via the Archives familiarity! :lol:
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Whoever the HELL suggested that the PhysX re-enable tweak be put in that compendium... wow. Thank you! XCOM2 runs a hell of a lot smoother now when using rockets and high explosives!
Toosdey

Post by Toosdey »

The steam community link at the bottom for improving frame rates and such looks to be very out of date, most options in it don't exist.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Zyxpsilon wrote:Excellent source of solid Info & most important details.
Soooo, thanks -- your work on that PDF file will serve as a good quality reference while we also watch the online UFO-Pedia grow with ultra content. Of course.. there's almost nothing as fun as to being lost in a LAByrinth straight from a bunch of ingame screens accessible via the Archives familiarity! :lol:
Shoot me an message when you get your mod working and I'll give it a test run. :)
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

May take awhile (about two to three more weeks).. but i sure will! :)
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

What do greyed out ones mean?

I could guess Smash n' Grab being greyed out is that it's not out yet (as it's for 1.3).

But "Muton Engineers" Tactical DE is also greyed out. Is it also upcoming for 1.3+?
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

rakoon79 wrote:What do greyed out ones mean?

I could guess Smash n' Grab being greyed out is that it's not out yet (as it's for 1.3).

But "Muton Engineers" Tactical DE is also greyed out. Is it also upcoming for 1.3+?
Smash n' Grab is slated to be included in 1.3

Muton Engineers is a vanilla DE that is removed in LW2.
rakoon79

Post by rakoon79 »

deaconivory wrote:
rakoon79 wrote:What do greyed out ones mean?

Smash n' Grab is slated to be included in 1.3

Muton Engineers is a vanilla DE that is removed in LW2.
Awesome, thanks
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

@DeaconIvory,
About my LAByrinth mod + LW2 stuff... "Ping Me!" you said awhile ago...

Sooooo, here it is ; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =726644031
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Hi. Thanks for this. Also i wanted to point that this part is wrong (p 37)
If the GV is superior to the GA by 20 points or more, it will trigger a Super Emergency Reinforcements activity by ADVENT, which will automatically complete a new pip for the AVATAR project (and thus cancel any previous delays caused by high GV levels)
Source : http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 708#p38707
Lord Bubba

Post by Lord Bubba »

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

It's with a heavy heart that I join out of frustration: I've played the Long War 2 mod I think about fourteen to sixteen times. I've pretty much mastered the mod but for the life of me, I can't seem to find any ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES to sabotage and slow or reverse the Avatar clock. I'm not talking about the "Black Site", "Cloning Facility", or the "Psionic Gate" missions. I'm talking about the generic ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES common to vanilla XCOM 2.

I've got the Unofficial Strategy Guide, it explained how to activate the ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES mission, but I don't seem to be getting it. I've tried "Find a Lead" missions, "Intel Package" missions, I've even downloaded a "Facility Hunt" mod to help. Nothing works.

Now I've started a new game with the previous mentioned mod and haven't liberated my first region yet, so all I can do is wait until I do and see if the mod does help me. Otherwise I'll have to resort to the "RemoveDoomFortress #" cheat.

Can anyone suggest ANYTHING I haven't tried yet?
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Lord Bubba wrote:It's with a heavy heart that I join out of frustration: I've played the Long War 2 mod I think about fourteen to sixteen times. I've pretty much mastered the mod but for the life of me, I can't seem to find any ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES to sabotage and slow or reverse the Avatar clock. I'm not talking about the "Black Site", "Cloning Facility", or the "Psionic Gate" missions. I'm talking about the generic ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES common to vanilla XCOM 2.

I've got the Unofficial Strategy Guide, it explained how to activate the ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES mission, but I don't seem to be getting it. I've tried "Find a Lead" missions, "Intel Package" missions, I've even downloaded a "Facility Hunt" mod to help. Nothing works.

Now I've started a new game with the previous mentioned mod and haven't liberated my first region yet, so all I can do is wait until I do and see if the mod does help me. Otherwise I'll have to resort to the "RemoveDoomFortress #" cheat.

You need to do missions that only reward Intel after revealing the Avatar Project. Such missions can complete the first liberation quest in a region, reveal the location of a UFO or reward you with a Facility Lead. So do all such quests that you can. After you have a Facility Lead, you must research it to reveal the location of a Facility. You cannot stockpile Facility Leads past the number of unrevealed Facilities in existence.
Lord Bubba

Post by Lord Bubba »

Tuhalu wrote:
Lord Bubba wrote:It's with a heavy heart that I join out of frustration: I've played the Long War 2 mod I think about fourteen to sixteen times. I've pretty much mastered the mod but for the life of me, I can't seem to find any ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES to sabotage and slow or reverse the Avatar clock. I'm not talking about the "Black Site", "Cloning Facility", or the "Psionic Gate" missions. I'm talking about the generic ADVENT RESEARCH FACILITIES common to vanilla XCOM 2.

You need to do missions that only reward Intel after revealing the Avatar Project. Such missions can complete the first liberation quest in a region, reveal the location of a UFO or reward you with a Facility Lead. So do all such quests that you can. After you have a Facility Lead, you must research it to reveal the location of a Facility. You cannot stockpile Facility Leads past the number of unrevealed Facilities in existence.
Thanks.

If the devs really do monitor this forum, may I humbly suggest that whenever an ADVENT Network Tower mission is completed, a RESEARCH FACILITY automatically becomes known in either the region in which the tower is in or another region that has NOT been liberated or in one that has?
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

What a fantastic FAQ! Easy to follow and I got lots of good tips, even as an experienced player!

I have a question regarding the difficulty setting. The harder the setting, are there any greater rewards other then more enemies to kill? As in, better chance of drops, more exp, etc?
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"