Liberating Regions-Doom Tracker?...v1.4

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
dwhansen777

Liberating Regions-Doom Tracker?...v1.4

Post by dwhansen777 »

v1.4-I've liberated three regions by successfully assaulting the Advent Regional HQ.

In all three cases the Doom Tracker has not been reduced by one "pip" as stated in the v1.3 patch notes.

Is this a bug...or has something changed with v1.4.

I am playing with 7/8 mods enabled...could this be the issue?

TXS
LordYanaek

Re: Liberating Regions-Doom Tracker?...v1.4

Post by LordYanaek »

Must be a bug as the doom tracker have always been reduced when i liberated Asia (4 regions)
dwhansen777 wrote: I am playing with 7/8 mods enabled...could this be the issue?
Could be but it's hard to tell without knowing which mods those are :?
DerAva

Post by DerAva »

Check if there's actually any doom on the fortress to begin with. If all your doom is coming from facilities and nothing is on the fortress then there's nothing you can remove to begin with.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

DerAva wrote:Check if there's actually any doom on the fortress to begin with. If all your doom is coming from facilities and nothing is on the fortress then there's nothing you can remove to begin with.
From the 1.3 patch notes:
- Doom reduction (e.g. from main story missions) now can reduce doom in facilities if there is no doom left on the fortress instead of being ignored.
So it definitely seems like a bug.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

For what it's worth, I am also having this exact problem. I think I know what the problem is: An Easier War - Dark Events. There was a similar problem with the mod that was causing it to not give the tower reward.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Doom in the fortress vs. the facilities should not matter any more as of 1.3. If you have any doom at all, liberate should reduce it by one. I did fix another bug in this code for 1.5, but it didn't seem to be interfering with doom reduction. If you aren't using the mod Clibanarius mentioned and it's happening consistently on every liberation you can send me a save of your campaign and I'll force liberate some region to see what's going on, but this was working in other campaigns I've looked at so it does sound like a mod conflict or some other thing is at play.