Underslung Grenade Launcher (using X2Multiweapon/LWGauntlet)

cheeplives

Underslung Grenade Launcher (using X2Multiweapon/LWGauntlet)

Post by cheeplives »

So, I'm trying to build a rifle with an underslung grenade launcher and I'm using the LWGauntlet as my basis... problems I'm having:

1) The only way i can get it to work is if I make the Rifle the secondary weapon and the Rocket Launcher primary (but I've reduced the damage and radius to mirror the GL, not the Rocket Launcher). If I do it the other way, the rocket's aiming reticle/area effect never works. Any ideas on how to make this work? I guess it's good enough this way.
2) With the rifle as secondary, I can't seem to give it a separate Ammo Pool. There is a commented out section called iAltClipSize work from X2MultiWeaponTemplate, but even after I un-comment out the variable, it doesn't seem to do anything. I've set bMergeAmmo to false, so they at least don't eat each other's supply, but I can't give the gun 2 Rocket Shots and 4 Rifle Shots. Also, with the Template.Abilities.AddItem('Reload'); active, it seems to reload both the gun and the grenade launcher.
3) I also can't get the Friendly names to display... this seems to be because I am using X2MultiWeaponTemplate rather than X2WeaponTemplate. Is there somewhere I can associate the friendly names in the XcomGame.int with X2MultiWeaponTemplate? If not, is there a different place I can make the friendly name association?

Otherwise, the gun itself is working fairly well... any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheeplives

Re: Underslung Grenade Launcher (using X2Multiweapon/LWGauntlet)

Post by cheeplives »

Okay, so I got the Friendly Name stuff to work in the XcomGame.int file. I also discovered that my version of X2MultiWeapon was conflicting with the LW2 version, so I renamed mine.

Still can't get the iAltClipSize variable to work. I have it initialized, but I fear it needs some code similar to the AltBaseDamage code in X2MultiWeapon that I just can't parse.

Anyone at all able to shed some light or at least point me somewhere as to how I might get the secondary fire Clip Size to be independent of the Primary?