Help decreasing damage shotgun damage variance

sambezi

Help decreasing damage shotgun damage variance

Post by sambezi »

I would like to turn for example the default shotgun, from 3-8 to 4-7. Laser scattergun from 4-11 to 5-10 and so on with every shotgun variant.

I have been checking xcomgamedata_weapondata but still fail to figure out how variance is defined :roll: . Any help appreciated!
Arcalane

Re: Help decreasing damage shotgun damage variance

Post by Arcalane »

Code: Select all

Shotgun_Conventional_BaseDamage=		(Damage=5,	Spread=1, PlusOne=75,	Crit=3, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_Conventional")
Shotgun_Magnetic_BaseDamage=			(Damage=9,	Spread=2, PlusOne=25,	Crit=4, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_MagXCom")
Shotgun_Beam_BaseDamage=				(Damage=12, Spread=3, PlusOne=75,	Crit=8, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_BeamXCom")

SHOTGUN_COIL_BASEDAMAGE=				(Damage=11,	Spread=3, PlusOne=0,	Crit=5, Pierce=1, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_MagXCom")

SHOTGUN_LASER_BASEDAMAGE=		(Damage=7, Spread=2, PlusOne=50, Crit=3, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_BeamXCom")
In #:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComGameData_WeaponData.ini.

Damage is the base damage, and it can vary +/- the Spread value. PlusOne is the % chance to add +1 damage to the result.

So if you wanted to tighten the damage range, you could drop all the spread values by 1. Then the CV would be 5-6, Laser 6-9, Mag 8-10, Coil 9-13, Plasma 10-13.
sambezi

Re: Help decreasing damage shotgun damage variance

Post by sambezi »

Arcalane wrote:

Code: Select all

Shotgun_Conventional_BaseDamage=		(Damage=5,	Spread=1, PlusOne=75,	Crit=3, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_Conventional")
Shotgun_Magnetic_BaseDamage=			(Damage=9,	Spread=2, PlusOne=25,	Crit=4, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_MagXCom")
Shotgun_Beam_BaseDamage=				(Damage=12, Spread=3, PlusOne=75,	Crit=8, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_BeamXCom")

SHOTGUN_COIL_BASEDAMAGE=				(Damage=11,	Spread=3, PlusOne=0,	Crit=5, Pierce=1, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_MagXCom")

SHOTGUN_LASER_BASEDAMAGE=		(Damage=7, Spread=2, PlusOne=50, Crit=3, Pierce=0, Shred=0, Tag="", DamageType="Projectile_BeamXCom")
In #:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComGameData_WeaponData.ini.

Damage is the base damage, and it can vary +/- the Spread value. PlusOne is the % chance to add +1 damage to the result.

So if you wanted to tighten the damage range, you could drop all the spread values by 1. Then the CV would be 5-6, Laser 6-9, Mag 8-10, Coil 9-13, Plasma 10-13.
Thank you! Anyway it seems I completely missed that they dropped the shotgun spread in 1.1 already so I don't need it anymore. But thanks for the help either way.