infiltration formula explained??

ObelixDk

infiltration formula explained??

Post by ObelixDk »

Is there anywhere i can read what the different numbers / formulas in the infiltration mechanic does?

i am trying to create an item that adds custom bonuses to infiltration, but i am worried that the numbers are off as i do not really see any differences in the effect though provide?

my XComLW_InfiltrationSettings.ini file

[LW_Overhaul.XComGameState_LWPersistentSquad]

+EquipmentCovertness=(Itemname="PlaceHolder1", CovertnessValue=75f, CovertnessWeight=1.0f IndividualMultiplier=0.85f)
+EquipmentCovertness=(Itemname="PlaceHolder2", CovertnessValue=75f, CovertnessWeight=1.0f IndividualMultiplier=0.85f)
+EquipmentCovertness=(Itemname="PlaceHolder3", CovertnessValue=50f, CovertnessWeight=1.0f IndividualMultiplier=0.8f)
+EquipmentCovertness=(Itemname="PlaceHolder4", CovertnessValue=50f, CovertnessWeight=1.0f IndividualMultiplier=0.75f)

What i am trying to do is remove some of the items weight and individual multipliers.. i was trying to do a mix / combination of the SMG's weight and the silencers bonuses..

Are the numbers just so small that they dont actually affect anything in the loadout screen or did i get the formula wrong?
JLtheking

Re: infiltration formula explained??

Post by JLtheking »

I had an interesting discussion about this in another thread http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=23721

Go have a read, if you haven't already. But trihero tested it and came to the conclusion that these numbers (in particular, those on the ghost suit) had little noticeable impact on infiltration times. It seems that the penalty on squad size has much larger impact on infiltration times than equipment.

So if you want to create something with noticeable impact, it'd have to be even better than the ghost suit to be noticeable. But JohnnyLump seems to balance around the idea that infiltration is super OP.

Or, you might have to rebalance the entire infiltration system, by reducing the squad size penalty and increasing the weight of all worn equipment. Because as it stands fiddling with these numbers only seem to reduce it by Max a couple of hours.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Also, you seem to be missing a comma in your parenthesis, between CovertnessWeight and IndividualMultiplier. Could that be the cause?
ObelixDk

Post by ObelixDk »

the missing comma was the problem.. thanx for catching that :)